account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 Compact Charging Issue

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact Charging Issue

I don't have slow charge option on my z5 compact software. But I have tried with varies types of chargers, 800mA, up to 2.1A.. The battery charging issue where the gauge stops before 100% is intermittently present on all..

It happens once in a while and not all the time. Other than this, mine have decent battery life and don't have the battery drain issue a lot people are talking bout.
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Just a question :

Are you satisfied with your battery? How long does it last?

If you are satisfied, charging up to 100% is bad idea anyway. Because the optimal battery is 70-90%...
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

I'm satisfied with the battery life. But as I mentioned, battery life is not the issue for me.

It is actually the battery gauge in android getting stuck at a certain level when charging to full. You can refer to the previous battery monitor screen shots.
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Hmm, it's a very interesting Bug :

1.) I would say, that this might be a software issue Sony side, because you said, that if you make a system repair, this will work for a time.

2.) USB charger can't be the problem, because you tried three different one.

3.) Your Smartphones USB port can't be the problem either, because, why should it work for a time while making the system repair. Because system repair does only fix software side issues. USB port should work.

4.) Cable is the same like point 3.)
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

It's an interesting bug:

I assume you did the second system repair, if this has happened again after few days and randomly, I would say, the USB cable or your USB port of the smartphone is having a problem, if not, then this must be software side.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

The complete system repair was done a few times during the previous release of. 185. I haven't done a full repair on this 224 yet. Will do it this weekend and see if any improvement

On hardware side, I have tried many cables and chargers. So definitely not the problem here.
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Update

I have performed full system repair on the .224 release and here's what i found. First charging cycle right after the system repair from around 60% went up to 100%, but when unplugged, dropped straight back to 95%. Same as what other users have reported.

The next day, the charging also reached 100%, and when unplugged, straight dropped back down to 97%. Slightly higher this time. Then the next day, it charged to 100% and no drop when unplugged.

Then the next day, the original problem comes back where it stopped charging around 93%.

So i can safely say that the battery profile in the android system is mismatched with the actual battery type and capacity. Making the software battery level and actual battery level inconsistent.

Sony, are you listening???
Talent
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I experienced the exact same battery drop... From 100% to 94% then got stuck for a few hours on 94% but hasn't done it for a while
Inhabitant
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Yeah.. I read there are other users with similar issues as well. My problem happens more towards the battery level not reaching 100% when doing full charge.. Which i think technically is the same bug as charging to 100% then drop to 94% when unplugging.

Still waiting for Sony to acknowledge this issue and release a fix.. Kinda disappointed with Sony now
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I had my Z5 Compact for two years and now I am luky to get 4-5 hrs life on one charge, I have to keep it on backup battery/charger to use it for a hole day.