account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 Compact Cannot perform a Software repair

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Z5 Compact Cannot perform a Software repair

My phone was from the beginnig unable to backup to a online acc and now i've discovered that my NFC does not work anymore. I've tried to do Software repair both ways but none of them worked worked. It always shows an error. I would be really greatful for any help with this problem.Bez názvu.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact Cannot perform a Software repair

Thank you @St3vos for your quick reply.

If none of the previously mentioned measures has managed to solve it, I am afraid that the only thing left to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent for repair.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @St3vos, I am sorry to hear about this.

The error message that you receive is an indication that the Update information from Sony Mobile Update Engine was not found or not recognized for the device. The first thing that i would advise that you do is to restart both the phone and the computer and try to repair the software again. If the same error message occurs after this, please delete Xperia Companion and install it again. 

Let me know if that helped!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Martin, thanks for the response.

Unfortunetly things that you recommended did not helped. I've also tried flashing the phone, but no results either. If you have any other suggestions, I'll be happy to try them out but if not then I'll send the phone for a warranty repair.

Thank you again for your help!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @St3vos for your quick reply.

If none of the previously mentioned measures has managed to solve it, I am afraid that the only thing left to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent for repair.

Let me know if you have any further questions.