account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Boot Up and Reboot Loop

Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia Z5 Boot Up and Reboot Loop

I have this issue after trying to boot the phone with USB OTG + Mouse. My touch screen is not working and i remember that i could use a mouse with OTG. So i follow an instruction in the forum to Reboot the phone with the mouse plugged in. After that i am stuck with reboot loop. Sometime it will boot into the screen and for awhile it will restart. And the reboot loop continue. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia Z5 Boot Up and Reboot Loop

try to search on the search bar about "boot loop". you will see lots of possible solutions to your problem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @nicholaschong12,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

If you remove the OTG cable and the mouse and start up the device as normal, do you experience the same behaviour?

If it starts up normally without the OTG cable and mouse plugged in I would recommend that you try with another mouse and secondly with another OTG cable.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hello Jonas

It will still loop after removing the OTG cable. In fact, sometime it show App is starting and it will shutdown and reboot. Slightly frowning Face

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Some question 

1) Any way to backup phone data before using companion to repair ?

2) The companion show that i require to remember my google account detail, however the touch screen is not working, after repairing the phone can i plug in my mouse and use it to navigate ? 

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

try to remove simcard and memory card then try to boot up.

if your device is still connected to the internet, it may have sync some of your contact and other app data to your google account.

if your media is save to sd card then you can remove it before you perform software repair..

try to boot device by holding power button and volume down button,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for getting back to me!

You won't be able to create a backup using Xperia Companion if you can't start and unlock the phone. Slightly frowning Face

Did any of the suggestions provided by @nolramlb work for you? Or are you still stuck in a boot loop? If you are I would suggest performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

As @nolramlb wrote some of the data in your phone may be saved on your Google account. In addition to that, do you remember if you have used the automatic backup in Settings > Backup & reset? If you have done that you will be able to restore that data after the software repair.

Xperia Companion will always show the message about your Google account because some of our devices (Xperia Z3+ and onwards) have a inbuilt anti-theft protection that requires you to authorize yourself with your Google credentials after the phone has been reset.

When you have performed the software repair and you plug in the OTG Cable and mouse you might have to restart the device once before you will see the cursor on the screen.

Please keep me updated! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

same what happens to me 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

the software update dosent work for me

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Gamazta1, sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same behaviour. Slightly frowning Face

I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been out of office due to vacation.

When you are trying to perform the software repair, do you get any error messages along the way?

If you do, try turning any antivirus programs and/or your firewall off during the repair and see if there is any change.

Let me know how it goes!