account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

One time poster
Message 141 of 146
Message 141 of 146

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Mine was also draining fast. After a couple of settings it s a lot better . First i disable the movie creator at the app menu.

Second,  at the settings menu just below flight mode,  there s an nfc function, it allows to exchange data with other devices when it "touches",  anyway turned it off. So far so good .

Hope it helps 

One time poster
Message 142 of 146
Message 142 of 146

I had exactly the same issues with battery drain after performing each update separately and cured it by doing the following.

1/ Backup data using Xperia Companion.

2/ Perform Software Repair

3/ Restore data.

I've also noted that poor network reception makes battery drain far worse.  I have very little 4G in my area and by turning this off.  With a combination of both actions the battery life has gone from about 4 hours to 18 hours!

Learner
Message 143 of 146
Message 143 of 146

Software repair didn't help me and I've tried it several times.
In the meantime I found out that location (combined with Google Play Services) causes bluetooth to drain battery even when bluetooth scaning is off. So the solution is to have smart phone and make it dumb again (by disabling all the "smart" features) to have less than average battery life.

Learner
Message 144 of 146
Message 144 of 146

completely worked for me thanks.

Highlighted
Message 145 of 146
Message 145 of 146

Do not get much life from battery any more, do not know what happen to new updates for the Z5 Compact: Andriod 7.1.2, Nougat: Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release) Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018
Visitor
Message 146 of 146
Message 146 of 146

Intall Xperia Companion on your computer and perform a software repair on your phone. If you get any installation errors, search YouTube for tutorials about solving them. I did it and my phone now works perfectly.