account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Adviser
Message 131 of 146
Message 131 of 146

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Screenshot_20180203-112433.png

Using my z5 Premium more than a year. Last 5 month on official firmware update Android 7.1.1 and don't have any problem! No overheating or battery drain...

Apprentice
Message 132 of 146
Message 132 of 146

Re: Bluetooth problem (battery drain)

Over Bluetooth? Gold was 4.4.4 newer is only worst... I have gone through all the steps and the discharge is still coming back ... new systems really gold 4.4.4

One time poster
Message 133 of 146
Message 133 of 146

Hello,

My Xperia Z5 Compact was lasting only 18h with wifi and data disabled, Stamina mode on, and without using it. Anyway, it was bad!
After investigating a bit (i.e. downgrading to MM, then rooting it, installing Amplify and Greenify and spending some days on it), I realized that it was automatically trying to connect to a network, failing, trying again, failing, etc.
Anyway, in Settings > More > Mobile networks > Service providers, I selected Manual search mode, selected a network manually, and now my Z5C lasts 4 days (with wifi and data on)!
Just to say, try to select the Manual search mode for the network, if you have the same problem as me, it will help!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 134 of 146
Message 134 of 146

Xperia Z5 terrible Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

week ago I ran the update on my Xperia Z5 Compact. The battery life of my device went from 2 DAYS (using it all 2 days) to 16-18 Hours (even when not using it!)

I have an "old" phone the Xperia Z3 which is even holding 4x longer then my current NEW phone.
For example I took 2 screenshots of the battery life. No stamina modes, just regular settings as I always did. (Z3 gives a warning that it has 15% left -not stamina mode).

Xperia Z5 Compact  (52% battery left) - 8 hours remaining
Xperia Z3 Compact 15% battery left) - 15,5 hours remaining!!

@sony, please fix this ridiculous update flaws asap. My phone is totally wothless at this moment.
I was enjoying my phone, but this update made it non usable.

What to do now?
I've tried everything, cash reset, safe mode, reset rights of apps, removed video creator software, bluetooth is off. It's really this 7.1.1. update which is a mess.

z5.PNGz3.PNGmy Z3 (2 years older then Z5) running on 6.0.1

Visitor
Message 135 of 146
Message 135 of 146

Visitor
Message 136 of 146
Message 136 of 146

I have had the same issues, I ended up buying a new phone as I gave up trying to sort the issue out, I am trying to fix it again thinking a new update had been put out there since I gave up in October today I am using it again and it's still draining the battery and there is no updates. The battery drops at around 35% to nothing. Did you ever figure out the issue?  Thanks 

Adviser
Message 137 of 146
Message 137 of 146

After reading all massages in this topic, I think, that battary drain that some people have, is considered with there Simcards, not with Android update, or Smartphone malfunction. Because my Z5 works perfectly on 7.1.1 So try to use a phone in Airplane mode(turn this mode on and reset phone).It will not be any battery drain! Also, try another mobile operator Simcard. If the problem is only with your Simcard go to settings and choose only one mode-  GSM only, or WSDMA only, etc.! You'll be surprised ;-)

Commissioner
Message 138 of 146
Message 138 of 146

Just updated my variant to 7.1.1 3 months back and realised this fault only recently. 

Ya, its a real pain in the my heart... nothing to do with SIM card or airplane mode or what so ever .Screenshot_20180303-185412.pngScreenshot_20180303-185348.pngScreenshot_20180303-183507.png

Learner
Message 139 of 146
Message 139 of 146

"bluetooth 90%" is exactly the problem I have.  I would love to know if Sony have an answer.

Learner
Message 140 of 146
Message 140 of 146

I've found the cause of bluetooth battery drain (for me) and it's Google Play Services newer than 11.5.22. The problem is you can't disable auto-uptade and you can't use half of the phones functionalities without Google Play Services. I presume older Android versions don't support newer versions of Google Play Services so the bug isn't present.

I hope this helps someone to get some idea how to solve this issue. :-)