account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Learner
Message 51 of 146
Message 51 of 146

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Screenshot_20170714-170328.png

Screenshot_20170714-170310.pngCharging 74% with 7 hours? Great work

Learner
Message 52 of 146
Message 52 of 146

Solution? Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Even on Android 7.0 I started having the same symtoms since about two weeks (heating up, slow, having to restart phone regularily), even though I have not updated yet, but interestingly around the roll-out of the update started. In fact, I got the message  that an update is available just an hour ago.

But a few days agos I was looking for the reason the phone slowed down and in one forum some suggested to remove Dropbox and MediaCreator, which fixed the problem:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-compact/general/android-7-1-1-stock-32-4-0-160-bug-list-t3632524...

And removing/disabling Dropbox/MediaCreator totally did the trick for my 7.0 device (device fast and cool again, camera is running normally).

Question to the other users (before I update to 7.1.1): does it solve these issues also on 7.1.1? 

One time poster
Message 53 of 146
Message 53 of 146

Nougat

Very low volume after the 6.0 update and 7.0 is still the same, battery runs out very fast, all this makes the weight of the name SONY much lower since it is the first thing with which AUDIO is characterized, I hope this is solved

Learner
Message 54 of 146
Message 54 of 146

Works for me, go settings, memory, memory used by apps, seems to apps working with full memory usage, they don't close or go stand by mode anymore, you need force stop apps

One time poster
Message 55 of 146
Message 55 of 146

?? Same here,what a f--k is 7.1.1 Battery ruined,camera ruined,gallery ruined,sms and mms ruined, I cant use that phone. ofc i can use call but battery works so i cant hold the phone without gloves its feels like fire in my phone ????

Learner
Message 56 of 146
Message 56 of 146

Acually I already did it, but it didnt work. the same problem after factory reset

Commissioner
Message 57 of 146
Message 57 of 146

7.1.1 update notification misspelling.

If they can't spell, how can they write code?

_20170714_191232.JPGThis is just too much ....

Highlighted
Regular
Message 58 of 146
Message 58 of 146

Re: 7.1.1bugs

My timer just finish before the time really is up. Z5C 7.1.1

ezy
Commissioner
Message 59 of 146
Message 59 of 146

EE firware rolled out Thursday via OTA (in the morning it was not available via PCC as I was checking daily).

Day 1....   fantastic.  everything rolled over.   and the wifi seemed to refresh whereever I went.  the charge remained 100% for at least 20 minutes after I disconnected the charger.

Day 2....  during the day it had looked good.  Held it's charge well.  topped it back up to 100% for the evening out. I walked to pub...   30 minutes after leaving my house and a mile away I looked at the phone...  the battery was in free fall!  (it was down to 85% in 30 minutes and untouched)  I noticed the wifi icon was showing an X on it...   looking into that it said i was "connected" to my home wifi but "no internet"   - i was a mile away so i couldn't have been connected to my home wifi. I turned off wifi and rebooted... the battery life went back to being acceptable (but I use 3x my 4G plan limit on wifi a month so can't have it turned off all the time!!) 

So....  the WIFI failing to roam issue has carried over from 7.0.1 and it has continued to make what was a fantastic phone when I got it on "launch" day in 2015 a totally unreliable paperweight for the pocket.  

This has really affected my choices of next phone...  after X10,  and Launch day S, Z1 & Z5 I am now able to early upgrade (21months into 24month plan) but don't like the XZpremium colours or fingerprint magnet back...   I want something as cool as my Gold Z5, but I am not sure the XZ1 rumoured colours sound as good as the gold of my Z5...     but another 3 months of being married to a power socket?  (I saw the SGS8 has battery issues so I am not jumping there yet either)....     Really not impressed with Sony's 7.x.x.  at all.   

ezy
Commissioner
Message 60 of 146
Message 60 of 146

Re: 7.1.1 update notification misspelling.

in English "optimisations"  is correct...

Amercian English or a scientific paper it would be "Z" not "S"