account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Regular
Message 41 of 145
Message 41 of 145

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

In my expierence factory reset makes no difference. Issue reoccurs immediately.

Had phone replaced, issue occurs on replacement!

The software is just broken. Sony seem to be dis-interested. 

One time poster
Message 42 of 145
Message 42 of 145

Same issue here. Phone functioning normally prior to 7.1.1 upgrade.

Post upgrade slow performance, slow screen rendering and app crashes.

Restarting phone temporarily improves performance which then degrades slowly. Seems to be using a lot of memory.

Full factory reset done - no improvement.

Sony please look into this, I've had a great run with your phones but this issue is a deal breaker if not resolved soon.

One time poster
Message 43 of 145
Message 43 of 145

Issues after android 7.0 update (no tap to focus, etc)

After updating to Nougat my phone took 4 hours to be fully charge and the battery drain too fast.. I need help about this.. 

Apprentice
Message 44 of 145
Message 44 of 145

I'm so glad (in a way) that I'm not the only one experiencing this. The 7.0 update was great, by comparison, but with 7.1.1 my phone runs hot frequently and needs to be restarted as it experiences slowdowns. And yes, the same battery issues everyone else is experiencing. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE how great Sony have been with getting updates out. It's been a huge reason for me being such an Xperia advocate... but yeah, this update has a few issues. 

Customised AU firmware here, running on Optus network in Australia. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 45 of 145
Message 45 of 145

Same thing on androti 7.0 i think sony put something behind our back to test like softwere update or something. Becouse i didnt update the softwere or andorid and got same thing happening... Sony need to fix this but they dont reply on any of the post...

One time poster
Message 46 of 145
Message 46 of 145

And my Xperia Z5 Premium is heating up terribly !!!

One time poster
Message 47 of 145
Message 47 of 145

All the same here. Compact Z5 upgraded to Android N and.......

.....Lagging phone, apps crashing, battery draining insanely fast, calls cannot be answered as phone app hangs. 

Done system restore. Worked for a bit but now it's all lagging and barely useable again.

Are Sony gonna say anything??!?

Regular
Message 48 of 145
Message 48 of 145

Sony Xperia Care team won't say anything. They are not even bothered to respond to this query. But definitely they'll say one thing that's for sure is that

"Tip!
Mark the reply that helped you as an Accepted Solution. This makes it easier for others to find it!"

So they expect us to resolve the issue on our own... So kudos to forum members because Sony will not respond and won't do anything.....

Adviser
Message 49 of 145
Message 49 of 145

Find the  ?  App from Sony called Support.  Use it. Look in the orange bar called Device problems click on it

It will list apps and other problems with your phone 

Start there

Delete any apps listed 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 50 of 145
Message 50 of 145

@sgardoll wrote:

Customised AU firmware here, running on Optus network in Australia. 

Hi

I have the Telstra handset - and I'm currently on Optus.

Go checkout my posts at Whirlpool - and then on XDA if you have time if you wanted to do some flashing.

The .au 32.4.A.0.160 is fine - it's just probably a upgrade problem from 7.0 to 7.1 because of how OTA works

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/7-1-1-Firmware-amp-The-importance-of-...

edit: come to think of it - do apple give OTA or is it iTunes only? from memory I had to connect to itunes, when work gave me a ipony to use... this is probably why apple did it that way - because they're basically the same - darwin/android ... guts basically linux

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.