account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z5 Battery and performance issue

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 31 of 37
Message 31 of 37

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery and performance issue

Hi,
No unfortunately I have not found a solution to the power drain :/ Sad to hear that you have the same problem. I know a lot of people with the Z5 Z5p and c, and the problem seems to be across the whole range, from wigch I drew my conclution to that it will never be resolved, as it seem like there is a hardware problem with the 820 chip combined with the rest of the hw.. Slightly frowning Face
Smart way to get people to choose other manufacturers sony. I would reccomend you to buy a huge powerbank and some cooling gloves Slightly smiling Face
Br Halvor
Adviser
Message 32 of 37
Message 32 of 37

810 chip, sorry for the missprint,
Br Halvor
Inhabitant
Message 33 of 37
Message 33 of 37

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. After update to Marshmellow, and further to .253 upgrade, my phone struggles to keep alive for from 07 AM to 10 PM I do not characterize myself as a power user. Today the phone was 100% charged around 10 AM but down to 7% around 8 PM!! One strange observation was that when I checked which applications had used the power, I added the percentages, but together with the charge that was left, there was 26% missing in reaching 100%.

I have a car charger that should be able to deliver 3.1W, not much I know.  With an GPS app running it is just enough to keep battery charge at the same level.

Currently stamina mode is only active below 15%.

It could be interesting to hear from people at the .253 upgrade without the problem!

/M

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 34 of 37
Message 34 of 37

I'm having a similar problem since the last update when Charging Optimization was added. It suppose to extend your battery lifespan. Anyways, and maybe it's a coincidence... But the battery won't last a day... What I'm noticing is that Cell Standby is consuming high percentage of the battery constantly. It ranges mostly from 10-26%. Now I consider that too much.
Rookie
Message 35 of 37
Message 35 of 37

I have a problem, my battery drained from 20% to 0 in nearly 8 hour overnight. Did not use anything. Any idea? Do I need to reset it?
Rookie
Message 36 of 37
Message 36 of 37

Actually 6-8 hours. But nothing has consumed much battery as per the stat. I have good cell reception and WiFi. Don't use Bluetooth. Cant see any apps doing that. Is that something to do with the charging optimisation?
It happened 1 day back when I noticed it. Then tried it yesterday and had the same issue. This was on standby at that time.
Visitor
Message 37 of 37
Message 37 of 37

i had same issues, tried everythig, even changed battery, i had to change the phone as i as fed up .... and same happend with both Z compact pones i had, with latest one to be the Z5 compact, both cases after 2 years of use.