account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z5 Battery Charging Problem(?)

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z5 Battery Charging Problem(?)

Hi. My Xperia Z5 is just a few days old and I just found out that my phone's charging is having a bit of a problem. The phone can't seem to pull off a full 100% Charge when it's ON. It stops at the 95%-97%(sometimes 98%) mark then it doesn't go above even after how long it has been plugged in. The same case also happens when it's turned OFF but mostly it hits 100% but when turned on hits right back to below a 100%. I had only managed to charge my phone 4 times since purchasing it. That's about once a day.

My questions are:
is this something common to the other sold units?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery Charging Problem(?)

@o2jie

That's rather odd, you could repair the phone with XC again or you could boot on >>> safe mode and see if you experience the same 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/Fatal-Error-during-installation-of-Xperia-Companion/m-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@o2jie

That's rather odd, you could repair the phone with XC again or you could boot on >>> safe mode and see if you experience the same 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/Fatal-Error-during-installation-of-Xperia-Companion/m-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. I haven't tried yet with the safe mode but I will. As for the XC repair, I still can't use Xc due to the fact that I'm experiencing a fatal error during its installation. I have already made a report about it and I'm waiting for any solutions.
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@o2jie

Were you able to test different computers?

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@uliwooly yes. I've tried installing to 3 different computers but to no avail. On other hand, i have tried already the Safe mode charging and it worked. Pulled off a 100% but as soon as I unplugged the charger, it immediately went down 1%, given I had it remained unintentionally unplugged for a few minutes at 100%. 1% may be little but for me every percent counts and it bothers me though.
Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@o2jie

Contact your Local support to get your device inspected.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@uliwooly okay I'll consult with them. Thank you.