account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Accessories

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z5 Accessories

Hello!

Is there anyone on here who knows if the Sony STM10 stereo microphone will function on the Xperia Z5?

I believe it will work on any Android device with a 5 (?) conductor AUX port, so I'm wondering if the Z5 carries that.

I'm grateful for all answers, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Z5 Accessories

Hi,

Since Z5 is not yet launched, I can't say for sure but I think it will work fine. The new headset MDR-NC750, do have 5-pole connector which will be compatible with the Z5-series and also other devices with 3.5 mm 5-pole audio connector.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Since Z5 is not yet launched, I can't say for sure but I think it will work fine. The new headset MDR-NC750, do have 5-pole connector which will be compatible with the Z5-series and also other devices with 3.5 mm 5-pole audio connector.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

why does Sony think we don't care about three button remotes?  AFAIK, Sony doesn't even show what type of inline remote the MDR-NC750 has. 

Headphones don't come with the phone, so we are supposed to just use whatever we have (with multiple (annoying) clicks and software) and take the phone out of our pocket to adjust the volume or skip tracks, OR .... what?

Didn't Sony pioneer the Walkman?  Isn't there a focus on user experience?

Please share your headphone experiences.  If I cannot find a working three button solution soon (hopefully using one of the other three button Android setups I've already invested in) this phone will be returned.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Is there a date when these MDR-NC750 will be available to purchase?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@ribking, Well we do have Smart Headset. Otherwise, Sony Electronics may have a greater supply of three button headsets.

@augie7107, The availability may differ from market to market. I suggest that you raise this question with your Local support for information about launch.