account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia X5 Premium Black Screen can't see anything even though Touch is working finger print working

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia X5 Premium Black Screen can't see anything even though Touch is working finger print working

I was using my phone and suddenly i got a complete black screen. My phone was never in water or anything just was sitting and the screen turned off. 
I can hear notifications, and I can open my phone with fingerprint but I can't see anything. 
I can touch the screen and hear beeps but I have no clue what I am clicking on because I cannot see anything on the screen it is completely off. 
I read it is a software issue so I did some trouble shooting: 
1- Clicking volume up with on/off button, turning it back on again: Nothing changes. 
2- Turning off the device from the reset button near the sim card and SD card sockets: Nothing changes. 

also I tried to connect the phone to the computer which i was able to unlock by fingerprint (as i mentioned above) but I wasn't able to choose "tranfer files" option since I can't see anything on the screen. 

What can I DO?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia X5 Premium Black Screen can't see anything even though Touch is working finger print work

@DanyDeaibess near the sim card slot there should be small pinhole, that is used to shut off your phone. What happen if use it to turn off and restart your phone? Can you see something, like Sony's logo, or is it still black? If it's still black I doubt that it's a software issue rather than hardware. I think that you should contact your Local support to have your device inspetected.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia X5 Premium Black Screen can't see anything even though Touch is working finger print work

Yes as I mentioned in the post that I already tried it. I turned off from this pinhole and then turned the phone on and nothing happenes same issue. 

Black Screen, but touch is working and I can hear beeps when I click on something