account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Answering Machine - where is it ?

Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Answering Machine - where is it ?

Recently I received my phone back from getting it fixed through a Sony (headphone jack and lens cover were defective)... so the device was completely reset - since then I've been setting it up the way I had it.

This morning, I missed two calls from a recruiter (IMPORTANT CALLS!) and because I use a monthly On-The-Go plan I don't get the service-provider's voicemail feature. I realized that I had forgotten to set up the Xperia Answering Machine. /facepalm

I've spent probably an hour looking for it and I can positively say that the Xperia Answering Machine is no longer present on my Z5 PREMIUM even though the phone's help implies that it should be ! (see screenshot)

What's going on ??

Screenshot_20170712-115848_small.png

4 REPLIES 4
Adviser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Answering Machine - where is it ?

Where else can we, as customers, give feedback to Sony to let them know we disagree with their decision to remove certain apps ?

Obviously, an app like Answering Machine must be provided as part of the System firmware because Android doesn't typically allow an app to route audio into the mic - so installing another app from the Play Store is not a viable solution.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Xperia Answering Machine - where is it ?

Screenshot_20170714-204225.pngScreenshot_20170714-204232.pngScreenshot_20170714-204238.pngScreenshot_20170714-204242.pngScreenshot_20170714-204958.png

Unless you're missing Call Management App, or it's storage is reporting 0.0kb, you should have Answering machine.

Link to screengrabs http://imgur.com/a/hWA8Z

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Answering phone

Ok so my Z5 updated and now the phone app answer machine that Sony had has gone.  When is this going to be returned or can Sony put app on play store? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Answering phone

I'm affraid it will never return, I had an E5 or something like that, the cheapest SONY last year and... IT HAD that wonderful function! AN ANSWERING MACHINE which is now... GONE on L1 there isn't one.