account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

X5 Premium top speaker louder

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

X5 Premium top speaker louder

Hi all!

So I got my Z5 Premium yesterday and so far I love it! However, when I tried out the speakers they initially worked fine in stereo. However, after a few minutes the top speaker gained more power and is now very dominant. I've restarted the phone several times but the problem remains. What's up? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Re: X5 Premium top speaker louder

Update 2 Possible solution: I contacted Xperia support and got a solution that I'm currently testing. They told me that the speakers need to be calibrated. This is done by playing music for 45 min straight, no interference, so crossfade between songs is prefered at 4-5s. Will update you on the results. Slightly smiling Face

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@GabChivi

Does this happen with an specific app or all apps? could you boot on >>> safe mode and test it again?

also, settings > about phone > diagnostics > test the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Z5D
Adviser
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I had this problem.

My solution : sigh, yell a lot, be grumpy as **bleep** and called the customer support of the shop.

Explained everything and the next day it went back to the shop and got my refund back.

BTW, mine was different, the top speaker was louder from the getgo.

Adept
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for quick answer!

I've tried Spotify, Sony's own Music app, Video: same result.

In safe mode the sound is more balanced, however, the top speaker is still louder.

In diagnostics the sound is evenly balanced! This is so weird. 

Z5D
Adviser
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

This is a hardware problem. The only solution is to get a new one, but you can a get a more faulty phone for it instead. Hmmmmmm

Adept
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Update:

The top speaker is louder now even in diagnostics test.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Update 2 Possible solution: I contacted Xperia support and got a solution that I'm currently testing. They told me that the speakers need to be calibrated. This is done by playing music for 45 min straight, no interference, so crossfade between songs is prefered at 4-5s. Will update you on the results. Slightly smiling Face

Z5D
Adviser
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

How can you calibrate without setting a value or "telling"  the phone the speakers are doing what?

Calibration sounds strange to me, pun intended!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

When you were in contact with your local support you mentioned that this happended after you restarted the phone for the first time so it does sound like it's related to the calibration of the speaker.

There's a discussion about the calibration here as well: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-Compact-speaker-volume-dropping/td-...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Update 3: The calibration gave a positive effect. Volume is more balanced now between both speakers, though I'm still experiencing louder sound from the top speaker.

Rikard, thanks for the link, will check it out.