account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Worth it to upgrade to Z5 Compact from Z3 Compact?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Worth it to upgrade to Z5 Compact from Z3 Compact?

Hey all...

I have a Z3 Compact and wonder if it's worth it to upgrade to a Z5 compact? Is it significantly more speedy than the Z3 Compact? I don't care so much about the camera, fingerprint sensor, or lack of USB covers - more about speed/performance, battery life and good connectivity.

- Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Re: Worth it to upgrade to Z5 Compact from Z3 Compact?

Don't upgrade!!! I did and I'm regretting it ever since.. Battery life is horrible!

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

@tbessie

You are good with the Z3 Compact since you don't care about the other features and improvements on the Z5 series.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I upgraded from a z3c to a z5c.

It would be worth looking around the forum; lots of people (including me) are having problems with the z5c, specifically, there are huge performance drops and it becomes almost unusable. I've experienced things like Spotify cutting out, taking several seconds for the keyboard to pop up, etc.

I'm tempted to ditch the z5c and go back to my z3c until they pull their finger out and resolve these issues.

The battery life is a bit better.

Disapponted with the 'upgrade', I would hold off, for now.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I had Xperia z3c and I can say you that you are good with z3. Z5c have performance issues and the camera is slow
Talent
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Stay at z3c and enjoy it. Mby in a few months when new firmware come you can transfer to newer z5c.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

+1
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Stay away from any 64 bit Sony phones until they get their stuff together.

You know, like make their mobile phone division profitable.

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

No its not worth the upgrade. Not yet anyway maybey after a few firmware upgrades.

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Don't upgrade!!! I did and I'm regretting it ever since.. Battery life is horrible!

Rookie
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Another advice...

Do not upgrade from lollipo to Marshmallow, yet; you will lose a very good battery administrator so your phone will have to recharge twice in a day, and many other cool features of this Sony Lollipop.