account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Worst phone ever

Apprentice
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Worst phone ever

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

build number is 32.0.A6.200

Why put it in safe mode? 

Apprentice
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Answered my own quetion by clicking the link Slightly smiling Face

Tried to go into safe mode, using the instructions. No joy.

is the Z5 different to other phones?

Emperor
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

@SpeedSailor

unlock the phone > press and hold the power button for 2 seconds > release it > you should get a pop up menu to boot on safe mode

check this guide

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Lollipop-New-Features/m-p/955490#U955490

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

Sorry friend, but best to get rid of it, as NOTHING will fix all these issues.

I tried everything over a four month period, including a factory reset and used it as it would come out of the box WITHOUT loading any third party apps and I still got lag, freezes, typos, camera was totally unusable and it switching off all on its own....just to name a few issues !!!

I should have stuck with my z3c, but decided to go back to stock android and now have a Nexus 5x.

It's all Sony's fault for not paying attention to customer issues highlighted on this forum.

Comparing this hectic and busy forum with the Google Nexus 5x furum, there are hardly any issues !!!
Emperor
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

@152bobby

Don't assume that you and @smiffie71 have the same issue, glad to hear you are back after you said goodbye

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Goodbye-Sony/m-p/1091348

This forum is for us, users, to help each other, please don't spread rumors, here are the forum guidelines 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

I do think Sony are rushing these phones through without any proper testing.
Thanks for all the advice but if a phone doesn't work as it should, out the box then something isn't right.
So I'm leaving as is until marshmallow update. We'll see if it runs any better then. At least Sony aren't rushing that through!
Adept
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

In my case, I wouldn't say "worst phone ever".. but I can, without a doubt, say "worst manufacturer firmware ever". I'm more or less getting the user experience I got back in the days when I was using early CyanogenMod 12.0 Lollipop ROMs on my Note 3... That's unworthy of an official firmware.

In fact, my Z5 is the first phone I've ever had that couldn't maintain a stable connection to my bluetooth car radio (no problem with my 1+1 and old Note 3), and I'm not talking about the auto-brightness issues, poor battery life, laggy/choppy UI, random reboots, overheating, blurry camera in the upper left corner, etc.

A phone is as goood as its firmware. Do something Sony! Or you release Marshmallow (you're already late to the party), or you fix your Lollipop firmware... Stop ignoring us!

Apprentice
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Just to update.

I've done a hard reset as advised by Sony support.

The fingerprint sensor still doesn't work.

Will keep you updated on how Sony handle this.
Emperor
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Did you repaired it with PCC?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

😣