account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Issue since upgrading to Nougat

One time poster
Message 1 of 41
Message 1 of 41

Wireless Issue since upgrading to Nougat

It's a strange issue, but I have noticed that since I ugprade to Nougat (32.3.A.0.376) that if I either turn of Wifi or go outside of the range of the Wireless connection that my phone currently has that it won't allow me to reconnect to the Wireless connection if I either turn Wifi back on or return to within the range of my Wireless connection. An example of this was when I nipped to the shops from home where I had connection to my home Wireless network, but when I got home it simply wouldn't reconnect.

Even if I turn off Wifi and turn it back on it simply doesn't connect...or even if I attempt to force the connection by removing or adding the connection under Wireless options on the phone. The only way I can get the connection back is if I ensure Wireless is enabled, then restart my phone and when it comes back in the connection is made again, but the same problem will be encountered again if the same situations arise that I talk about above.

Has anyone else encountered this too?

Cheers,

Dan

40 REPLIES
Demigod
Message 2 of 41
Message 2 of 41

Re: Wireless Issue since upgrading to Nougat

Give your device a reserved IP from the router administration page
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Hi,

I had the same issue right after upgrading to Nougat. To solve this I had to enable and disable Flight-mode to let the phone connect to my stored wi-fi networks. Simply disabling wi-fi en enabling it again did not work.

Learner
Message 4 of 41
Message 4 of 41

Same problem here. And I cant connect at work anymore. And no error messages to see what is wrong.

I wish I would have waited for the next update....

Actually I am on 32.3.A.0.378 and it seems the same problem is still there. Yesterday and today I have been rebooting my phone to get to wifi. From now on I will try with the Flightmode toggle.

Learner
Message 5 of 41
Message 5 of 41

I got the same issue when I updated to 32.3.A.0.378 on my E5823 Xperia Z5 compact device last night. It simply just will not change between different WiFi networks or reconnect if connection is lost. When I drive to work all I see is my home networks and visa versa. Only thing that works is a restatr of device, have not testet do enable/disable flight mode yet but will try that...

Any fix for this?

One time poster
Message 6 of 41
Message 6 of 41

Z5 not connecting to WiFi after latest update

I just got the latest update in the UK. On the 20/02/17 I believe. My Z5 no longer connects to the WiFi. When I restart it, it is connected but as soon as I lose my connection I can't get it back.

I click on one of the WiFi connections and my house and simply nothing happens. I've tried forgetting them and re adding them. Nothing. Using up data pretty badly and I can't keep restarting my phone to deal with this.

Anyone else have this issue/ways to solve it/are we going to have to wait for a patch?
Learner
Message 7 of 41
Message 7 of 41

Re: Z5 not connecting to WiFi after latest update

Try toggling flightmode on and off again. Seems to work for me, but at work I cant connect at all anymore. 

Learner
Message 8 of 41
Message 8 of 41

@NeoBeum

So you're saying to log on to EVERY router you connect to and giving yourself an IP reservation???

Problem is with the upgrade.

Giving yourself a reservation will not resolve it if the issue is client side. 

Learner
Message 9 of 41
Message 9 of 41

Same problem here. It worked the first day, now connection to either 2.4 or 5GHz home WiFi is broken
One time poster
Message 10 of 41
Message 10 of 41

Hi all just adding to the thread here. I like the rest of you have found exactly the same issue with regard to the wifi i upgraded to 32.3.A.0.376 the other day and noticed the issue. unlike the rest of you though my wireless screen keeps the wifi in range when it dropped and does not let me reconnect. 

At home or at work its a problem for my phone i will try the flight mode thing to see if that helps but i would like to know if Sony are debugging. 

Unfortuantly i live in an area that i just get signal on my mobile when i am at home so i use wifi calling, when the phone dropps wifi it drops anything related to the wifi calling feature that i really need to use and honestly i am not wanting to sell my house and move just to resolve the problem. 

Hope Sony respond to the thread to advise.