account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 21 of 166
Message 21 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

Hi guys!

Hope you guys will release a patch or something for this problem soon! I would really appreciate it if the issue was resolved. At home I depend on my phone staying connected to the wifi at all times since the only data coverage i get is a weak edge signal and thus renders my 600€ device virtually useless, as its primary function is not fulfilled (i.e. communication). It gets annoying at times. Please let us turn the background scanning on or off soon! Pleeease!

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work (as the rest of the device and it's functionalities are satisfactory so far)! Winking Face

Gnus

*edit* forgot to say i'm on a z5 compact on an orange plan in france, if it helps Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 22 of 166
Message 22 of 166

Any news on this yet? It costs me money for data over LTE when I come home and forget to go to a home screen then receive several whatsapps with attached images. There should be an option. All my previous Android phones connected automatically. Its was especially useful when roaming since I have data switched off and when I arrive at my business address all my whatsapps come in as soon as I enter the WiFi zone of my overseas home. Wit the Z5 if I forget to go to a home screen the messages can be delayed for hours.

One time poster
Message 23 of 166
Message 23 of 166

any updates on how to solve this issue?

its causing me data charges

getting irritating

Apprentice
Message 24 of 166
Message 24 of 166

Thanks to your  device I just lost what I was about to post. It was concise, detailed and courteous, but these malfunctions made it disappear. ! You guys need to do something about this! This is robbery!

Learner
Message 25 of 166
Message 25 of 166

I'm seeing this strange behaviour as well, is the fix/feature being actioned for this problem?
Inhabitant
Message 26 of 166
Message 26 of 166

I also have this problem since I bought it.

It sometimes also lose the wifi password and I have to re-enter it.

Regular
Message 27 of 166
Message 27 of 166

Hello, 

I have the same problem here and I just bought this phone two days ago. 

An answer would be enjoyable ...

Thanks 

Adviser
Message 28 of 166
Message 28 of 166

I'm downloading 6.0 as I type and will update on this issue after.  Whoever at Sony keeps putting the solution as a battery saving feature, please stop as that answer is a load of rubbish.  Mobile data uses way more power than wifi and irelevant of that we just want the option to set it as desired.  

Adviser
Message 29 of 166
Message 29 of 166

Unfortunately, the issue remains.  Please can you pass our requests onto your development team Sony?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 30 of 166
Message 30 of 166

@big_o

It has been forwarded there. The response i have is that it's designed this way to save power but i have also forwarded your feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.