account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Regular
Message 161 of 166
Message 161 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

Any updates on this issue? Tried all methods suggested and still having the same issue. Read from other Android forums that they can put Google connectivity services to the not optimized apps. But Sony phone does not have this option. It's really frustrating to get higher than normal phone bills.
Regular
Message 162 of 166
Message 162 of 166

Just got the software update and issue not resolved.
Don't think will get to see this issue resolved even till I change away from Sony phones at the end of this year.
Adept
Message 163 of 166
Message 163 of 166

This is not at all fixed for me either, and I'm frankly pretty baffled that this issue is still unresolved. I assume it just dropped off Sony's radar after they put the "solved" tag on it, without making sure if people actually stopped having the problem.

At this moment, the connection is terrible for me. I have the phone right next to me, which is about 5m from the Wi-Fi hotspot. When the screen turns off, it takes WhatsApp Web about 5-10 seconds to report that the phone is not connected anymore. As soon as I turn the screen back on – I don't even have to unlock the phone – the phone immediately connects to the Wi-Fi again, and WhatsApp works again within 3 seconds. I've done this about 40 times in the past half hour and it was 100% the same every time. Screen off, Wi-Fi drops, screen on, Wi-Fi reconnects. I have this on two different hot-spots, on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band, dynamic or static IP, and regardless of signal strength.

The legacy DHCP client sounded promising, but didn't change anything for me.

I have an unlimited data plan now, so the phone switching back to 4G constantly is at least no longer a financial issue for me, but that can't seriously be the solution, to just accept that Wi-Fi isn't working.

Sony, what are we supposed to do?

One time poster
Message 164 of 166
Message 164 of 166

Same problem here with Nougat update.

Wifi Policy is set to "Always", but Wifi diconnects when phone is going to sleep.

Regular
Message 165 of 166
Message 165 of 166

@Stegerius wrote:

Same problem here with Nougat update.

Wifi Policy is set to "Always", but Wifi diconnects when phone is going to sleep.

don't think Sony is going to do anything.

they ASSUME everything is ok when it is not.

One time poster
Message 166 of 166
Message 166 of 166

Dear Support, Thank for Perfact Answer. This was the reason my WIFI keep disconnecting. Thank you