account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 31 of 166
Message 31 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

Thank you Rickard, appreciated! 

Rookie
Message 32 of 166
Message 32 of 166

Its my communication is totally depend on the Internet. When I leave my mobile its going in sleep mode and if any call me via skype whats app or etc.... I am not reachable... its a surprising thing for me... Please fix this issue otherwise I have to change my mobile. Ony 1 month passed with this mobile.

Message 33 of 166
Message 33 of 166

@India_vksh This should be only if you go out of range. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 34 of 166
Message 34 of 166

Actually whats happening with me is my mobile always in wifi zone. But when i leave my mobile idle mode (no use). after 30 mints I check my mobile I found there is no wifi indication and after 2 second it gets connection with wifi and my all msgs email coming immediately. Even in wifi advance settings I have select "always" on during in sleep mode. But still I facing this issue. So this is bug or what..?
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 35 of 166
Message 35 of 166

Same problem here!

Apprentice
Message 36 of 166
Message 36 of 166

This is getting ridiculous. Your flawed software is generating inflated phone bills or just lack of primary function i.e. the ability to communicate. As for the first statement, could we suspect some kind of deal between you and any carrier? And for the second it seems to point towards bland inaptitude, which doesn't confer much trust in the brand. When I think about it the first doesn't confer much trust either. I must admit I'm on the verge of changing and never ever touching a Sony product ever again. I really hope you will resolve this fast! And I can not stress the need for swiftness enough! This flaw is costing money to your customers EVERY DAY! Please do something!!
Rookie
Message 37 of 166
Message 37 of 166

Any update on this problem..
Apprentice
Message 38 of 166
Message 38 of 166

Re upping this until we get satisfaction !
This is getting ridiculous. Your flawed software is generating inflated phone bills or just lack of primary function i.e. the ability to communicate. As for the first statement, could we suspect some kind of deal between you and any carrier? And for the second it seems to point towards bland inaptitude, which doesn't confer much trust in the brand. When I think about it the first doesn't confer much trust either. I must admit I'm on the verge of changing and never ever touching a Sony product ever again. I really hope you will resolve this fast! And I can not stress the need for swiftness enough! This flaw is costing money to your customers EVERY DAY! Please do something!!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 166
Message 39 of 166

I've received information that background scanning for WiFi will be enabled in an upcoming software update. This will make the phone connect to saved networks, when in range, automatically also when the phone is in sleep.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 40 of 166
Message 40 of 166

Is there any Info when the update is going to arrive?