account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 166
Message 1 of 166

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

Is anyone else experiencing mobile data having priority over wifi in some scenarios on Z5 Compact?  

To reproduce:

1. Phone is fully charged.  None of the power saving options are enabled.  Keep wifi on during sleep is enabled.  
  2. Phone is somewhere away from wifi in use with mobile data.
  3. Phone becomes in range of a known wifi device whilst not in use.
  4. After any amount of time, phone is used.
  5. Mobile data is still in use and wifi is only switched to at the point the screen truns on.

This happens at home and my office.

Topic edited by Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 116 of 166
Message 116 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

In the latest update, 32.2.A.0.224, we have enabled background scanning for WiFi so your phone will (re)connect after being out of range even when it's in sleep. It might take up to 5 minutes or so before it connects when in sleep though.

If your WiFi still doesn't work properly after this update, if possible, please try your phone with another router/access point to make sure this is not caused by the router/accesspoint.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

165 REPLIES 165
Emperor
Message 2 of 166
Message 2 of 166

Re: Wifi Issue

Mobile data will have priority over wifi if you are sending or receiving MMS, also if the connection to the router/WiFi is weak then it'll switch over to data. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 166
Message 3 of 166

The connection is not weak in either location and I am not sending/receiving MMS.  It's as if wifi scanning does not start until the screen turns on.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 166
Message 4 of 166

@big_o

Do you have stamina mode on or any other battery apps?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 5 of 166
Message 5 of 166

Stamina mode is disabled and I have no apps installed that affect battery or apps.  Most bizarre! 

Emperor
Message 6 of 166
Message 6 of 166

@big_o

you could repair the phone with PCC, its tedious but it might solve it

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Adviser
Message 7 of 166
Message 7 of 166

Thanks uliwooly, will have a go when I have time Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 8 of 166
Message 8 of 166

@big_o

Great, keep us updated.

Visitor
Message 9 of 166
Message 9 of 166

Hey,

Don't know if you had time. Any news if this helped. My Z5 is doing the same thing

Adviser
Message 10 of 166
Message 10 of 166

I have the same issue too, since the latest update ((v. 32.0.A.6.152))