account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WiFi quick setting issue since upgrade to V. 7.0

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

WiFi quick setting issue since upgrade to V. 7.0

Since the 'upgrade' to version 7.0 there are various issues, including difficulty in first of all connecting to WiFi, but once I am connected I can no longer simply log off from WiFi by using the short-cut in the 'notifications' menu (that comes up when you swipe down from the top of the screen). I used to be able to simply switch off the WiFi from here by clicking on the WiFi logo, but now this does nothing except show me the list of available networks; instead I have to go all the way into the settings menu just to turn the WiFi off! This is really stupid and time-wasting - is it supposed to work like this or is it a fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi issues since upgrade to V. 7.0

@AliWonder

that's how it's supposed to work, just pull down the notification bar ONCE > you should be able to see the WiFi icon > tap on it

If you pull down the notification bar twice, you will get all the icons and if you tap on the WiFi icon it will give you more options

If you pull down the notification bar once or twice > press and hold any icon > it will take you to that settings menu.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@AliWonder

that's how it's supposed to work, just pull down the notification bar ONCE > you should be able to see the WiFi icon > tap on it

If you pull down the notification bar twice, you will get all the icons and if you tap on the WiFi icon it will give you more options

If you pull down the notification bar once or twice > press and hold any icon > it will take you to that settings menu.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @uliwooly - I was afraid that was the answer - I was hoping perhaps it was a fault or bug that I now have to press 3 separate times and get taken into the settings menu, instead of simply once on the WiFi icon like I used to do to switch it on & off... 'sigh' - sometimes I dread these 'upgrades' as they rarely make anything better!

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@AliWonder

I totally agree with you, but that seems to be the Android standard

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your reply, that was helpful for me. I have been frustrated by this new behaviour of the quick settings since the Nougat upgrade. Handy to know that there is still a way to turn WiFi and Bluetooth off with one tap.