account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

White x above signal bars

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

White x above signal bars

Just upgraded to Android 7 and all of the sudden the annoying white x appeared on top of signal bars.Any help to delete it?presumably is the upgrade that does that?!!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: White x above signal bars

Default on N:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Compact/x-sign-in-network-icon/m-p/1186941#M596

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

White x above my signal bars.

Hello. So I just the latest update for my phone Xperia z5 premium. And now there's a little white x in between my WiFi and my signal bars. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?. Iv gotten friends to text and call me and everything is coming through
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: White x above my signal bars.

That x mark is there for us to know that Mobile Data is turned off. If you turn on mobile data it will dissappear. There's no way to remove it....

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
Highlighted
Genius
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Hollyg554,

Welcome to the community!

As @ytheekshana mentioned, the symbol you are seeing is indicating that Mobile data is currently switched off. In order to remove this symbol you will have to enable Mobile data traffic in your phone, this is done under Settings > Data usage or by swiping down the quick settings in your phone.

If you have any thoughts on this I'll be happy to forward any feedback you may have!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Please remove the white cross, it doesn't look right!

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: White x above signal bars

Don't stress, the small cross tells you that your mobile data is off  When you turn the mobile data on the cross will disappear.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I can't make calls or receive calls while this white x is above the signal bars.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

The white x means your phone data is switch off if yyou turn on your data so you can use Internet /4g the white Cross disappear