account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Water recovery Z5P

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Water recovery Z5P

My waterproof Z5 premium got water inside. I sent it to Sony service  They said it cannot repair and no warrenty. 

I got it back. I opened the back side, to dry it  Got a new battery  

Now it charge. But I cannot start up the phone. I tried different actions like 2 minute reboot. Im close to give up  

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Water recovery Z5P

@Devoman

I'm sorry to hear that, but if water got in because of physical damage the warranty won't cover it, as for the phone I think there might not be anything you can do.

On a side note, I'm not sure how useful or if it'll work but google tekdry 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I got PC companion and started sw repair. It looked good but it got stuck on Finishing installation. How long time is this phase normally? 

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Devoman

It shouldn't take too long 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I had to unplug. I think the sw repair failed. The phone can charge but it doesn't turn on.

So its end of the line for this Z5 premium. I will not trust these IP68 phones and not Sony warrenty on this either.