account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Message 71 of 193
Message 71 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

If you don't have the WPS Push button on your router then you have to add WPS Client in your router settings. I will take you through how I configured my phone on my NETGEAR SUPER HUB 2. I am sure you will always find a way of doing it on your specific router.

N.B Settings are done on the router itself not the wireless signal booster.

1.Take a look at the sticker, which has the technical information about your router, on the bottom of the Super Hub 2 and locate the web address under To access the settings page

2.Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address – it should be http://192.168.0.1

Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your new Super Hub you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.

3.When prompted, enter the password shown on the sticker.

Note: You may also be prompted to enter the WPS password

Once you’ve accessed the page there are three types of settings you can change:

• Wireless Network Settings – allows you to change your wireless security settings, to disable broadcasting your wireless network name, and even to disable wireless altogether.
  • Super Hub Settings – allows you to change the password for accessing this page.
  • Device Connection Status – allows you to view details on the Super Hub's current status, along with details about any devices that are connected to the Super Hub.

In addition, there’s a link for Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen

4. Select Advanced Settings link and opt to Add a WPS Client ,a blank pin box will appear

5. From your Sony Experia Z5  phone, go into Settings and choose Wireless & Networks

6.Select three dots on the top right corner 

7. From the dropdown menu choose Advanced

8. Choose WPS PIN Entry

9. Enter the WPS PIN generated into the box in step four

10. Wait for the configuration to be completed and then log off

NB Each time a configuration is done a different  random WPS PIN is generated

One time poster
Message 72 of 193
Message 72 of 193

Have had same issues with my z5 premium wireless disconnecting or just not connecting and or exlclamation mark on wifi logo at home and wife next to me and uses z5 compact and no issues.....im on v6.0 Marshmallow
Learner
Message 73 of 193
Message 73 of 193

Hi, there is also this thread "Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep", where a solution is posted for not automaticly connecting to known WiFi points. My solution I found on XDA Developers at this page, comment #12. It solved my problem where my Z5c on Marshmallow wouldn't connect to known WiFi spots. It might as well solve your problem. In short:

Settings -> Developer Options -> "Use Legacy DHCP Client" and Reboot.

Many thanks to adendum.

Visitor
Message 74 of 193
Message 74 of 193

Just bought Z5 premium this evening. Had wifi problem. Started off with wifi connected but no Internet. Switched wifi connection and got connected after a while. But very slow. Like minutes for 2mb.

After reading this forum, did 2 things and seemed ok now.
1. Settings, wifi, ..., advanced, keep wifi on during sleep,
Changed it to never, exit, come in again and changed it to always.

2. Settings, wifi, ..., advanced, network notification
Turn it off

Will see how it goes.
My Android OS is 6
Visitor
Message 75 of 193
Message 75 of 193

Nope, it was fast for only a while...
One time poster
Message 76 of 193
Message 76 of 193

Why Sony dont answer pls update IT
One time poster
Message 77 of 193
Message 77 of 193

I have the same problem, started after the last Android version. What should I do?
One time poster
Message 78 of 193
Message 78 of 193

Being as it's happening to a lot of people I think you should fix it, ive not even had my phone 24 hours and it's happening, disconnecting from the WiFi for no reason as all..... Fix it
One time poster
Message 79 of 193
Message 79 of 193

My Xperia Z5 Premium (wifi problem)

I'm having a wifi problem with my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. At  home, I have a fast speed wifi internet connection. It works fine with my pc and other devices but not with my Xperia Z5 Premium. My Xperia Z5 Premium only can access the fast speed internet within 5 minutes, after 5 minutes the speed will go to the slowest speed and everytime I tried to browse, the connection time out. I experimented this while no device were connected to the wifi. Sony please fix this issue.

Regular
Message 80 of 193
Message 80 of 193

Hello Sony are you there lots of customers with expensive devices with the same issues that you wouldn't find on a 40quid tablet from aliexpress, I sent my phone to get repaired and it came back 2weeks later with a recept saying issue resolved "happy days"... Nope nothing is resolved