account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Inhabitant
Message 31 of 193
Message 31 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

Hey guys.

I really have no answer. My Z5 premium still refuses wifi now and then, even though i turned off Stamina.

The battery life is significantly worse :-(

It also has problems connecting to my car with bluetooth!? (where my kids Iphones have no problems at all!)

I really hope the Sony team are working with these issues and it will get better when (IF) we ever get Marshmallow.(Android 6.0) 

Even that takes sooo long. How hard can it be SONY?

If these issues are not solved then, I will for sure change phone. Sadly, because i really like the Z5Prem. But if it doesnt work properly.... What to do?

Learner
Message 32 of 193
Message 32 of 193

Hi
Finally I found a thread with the same very annoying WiFi problems that I have. My phone behaves exactly as @gundeho describes his problems. Anyone found a solution yet?
One time poster
Message 33 of 193
Message 33 of 193

Hi. I have exactly same problem with my z5p. I have to switch off and then switch on WiFi and its work for few minutes. Its Just annoying when You have to do this every 5 minutes when You browse web. My z5p its one week Old but i very like it. Im waiting for solution from sony.
One time poster
Message 34 of 193
Message 34 of 193

wifi is useless..

i had a z3 before with no problems at all, my wife still has a z3.

when i do a test i reach 5mbit when standing 3m from router. (100mbit fiber)

when i do the same test with z3 i reach 73mbit.

also, smartwatch2 does not connect with z5..

i do not use stamina mode.

fix this or i return it and buy a samsung edge instead!!

Learner
Message 35 of 193
Message 35 of 193

The only thing that works for me is to set WiFi security to WEP. The upgrade to 6.0 didn't fix the WiFi issue.
Visitor
Message 36 of 193
Message 36 of 193

Wi-Fi problem with z5 premium!

So my z5 premium is able to connect to the Wi-Fi ( sometimes can't)  but it doesn't have internet access. Can't do anything online. FYI, the Wi-Fi itself is completely fine, my laptop, tablet have no issues at all. I try everything really, rebooting the phone, rebooting the router... I thought it might be the software problem, but after updating to 6.0 today, the issue still exists. Does anyone have the same experience? Or can anyone help me out, it's a great phone but this issue has gotten me so frustrated. 

One time poster
Message 37 of 193
Message 37 of 193

Re: Wi-Fi problem with z5 premium!

I have a z5 and ever since the latest update to 6.0 I have wifi problems.  It constantly drops wifi whilst in sleep and won't come back until I turn on the screen.  This never occurred prior to the update. I have checked settings and is not that.  This is definitely related to latest update. 

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 193
Message 38 of 193

Same problem here... even after Marshmallow... Sony, what are you doing to fix this??
Apprentice
Message 39 of 193
Message 39 of 193

I'm still having same problem with marshmallow update. I've tried everything. Factory resets. Apps that claim to fix it (but inevitable don't). It's experiences like this that make you think should have just got ios
Adept
Message 40 of 193
Message 40 of 193

Same problem here. Wifi connection drops when the screen turns off, even when the phone is plugged and is not in deep sleep.

Annoying to say the least and it consumes more mobile data than usual