account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

One time poster
Message 191 of 193
Message 191 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Just today in the morning i had the same issue. Try changing the channels of your router's. It worked for me!

One time poster
Message 192 of 193
Message 192 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

I have had the same problem since I got the phone a couple of years ago, had to restart the phone several times a day as the wifi would not reconnect after it dropped out. I tried switching to flight mode then back to normal last week, wifi has never dropped since.

Rookie
Message 193 of 193
Message 193 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

@Supermatedogg18 wrote:

Set your wireless router to 2.4GHz band, 20MHz channel width, and use only channels 1, 6 or 11, not Auto. You must do all three for the Z5 connection to be stable. That solved the issue for me.

The WiFi driver is broken on the Z5 and has been since Marshmallow. Works great with above settings. Completely drops the connection otherwise.

This really only helps if you have access to the router. What about public/work wifi networks? Is there nothing you can do on the phone?