account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

ezy
Commissioner
Message 171 of 193
Message 171 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

i think i read a reply on one of these threads the wifi dropping was a problem with 7.0.x generally and not sony specifically...  so i stopped posting... hoping a fix was coming "soon" - but it is killing me now...

because i can't have my phone ceasing to be reliable because the wifi isn't refreshing and mesages and emails stop coming in i turn wifi off a lot...  and my mobile data ran out during last month...   (i get 4gb in my plan but i am using 250meg mobile data a day) 

this really has ruined the Z5

Visitor
Message 172 of 193
Message 172 of 193

My wife's s6 update to the 7.0 update works fine with the wifi connections. Yeah I hope they is a fix very soon. It's killing me also got a 10gb plan and I have used most of it already. So been restarting my phone everywhere I go so I could use wifi rather then just leaving my wifi off. It's caused so much inconvenience to myself and I'm certain to others.

Enthusiast
Message 173 of 193
Message 173 of 193

Never buying an Xperia device again. How they aren't doing ANYTHING to fix this is just beyond me. Disgraceful coming from a multibillion dollar company 

Regular
Message 174 of 193
Message 174 of 193

I wrote Sony on twitter and they answered me to put Z5 into a safe mode. You do this by pressing the power button so that the power off menu shows and then you hold the Power off on screen and it asks you if you want to reboot in Safe Mode. 

Safe mode is actually mode with just basic apps. They told me if the issue occurs in Safe mode then they suggest to repair the phone via PC Companion. But I haven't noticed that the issue is in safe mode too. Wifi never dropped in safe mode. 

Maybe if you guys try this and tell me what is your result in safe mode?

Enthusiast
Message 175 of 193
Message 175 of 193

That's just standard procedure. None of the guys actually know what they're talking about.

Ask them about any issue and they'll tell you to either

1. Put device in safe mode and test there

2. Factory reset

3. Repair device 

ezy
Commissioner
Message 176 of 193
Message 176 of 193

how can you put the phone into safe mode all day and wait for a random ad hoc issue...

like the "nfc services full one"

you just cant use a mobile phone and have it in safe mode all week

Regular
Message 177 of 193
Message 177 of 193

Doubt sony will do anything. Look at the number of feedback on the issues and all they can come up with is use your phone in safe mode.

What sony is doing is just chasing away supporters and new users.

Imagine the bad review that will go around.

Learner
Message 178 of 193
Message 178 of 193

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Further to lambo's post:

The only temporary fix is to restart your phone: that seems to reset the relevant software etc.

So this suggests a software repair should do the trick as there is a temporary issue with the comms stack.

Safe mode doesn't work and clearly is not a sustainable solution anyway.

I haven't got the time/inclination to reinstall all my apps!

PLEASE let us know if somebody does try the repair route via PC Companion.

And lastly, Sony are in complete denial about this. 'Chat's' with their support staff confirm this!

ezy
Commissioner
Message 179 of 193
Message 179 of 193

i did a clean install and it made no difference to 

- nfc services issues

-wifi forgetting to refresh

but i wouldnt bother reinstalling 7.0.x now that 7.1.1  has started to roll out  (not offered by EE yet)

BUT if you get the 7.1.1  is ready alert it might be worth a clean install at that point.

Enthusiast
Message 180 of 193
Message 180 of 193

sanjivs, for the record I have tried the following:

1. Factory reset

2. Device repair via companion software

3. Replaced device 

4. Safe mode

None of this has worked. And once you've tried all of those options and Sony still can't help you, instead of getting a developer to help fix the problems they basically just say f you and never resolve the issue!