account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

One time poster
Message 91 of 193
Message 91 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

I had the same problem for long time,  until now I fix it by this steps 

• open wireless section , in there change wireless mode to 802.11b or 802.11g, but not to 802.11b+g+n then you can connect easily even with dynamic ip settings in your android phone.

It seems solve my problem I hop it will solve yours

One time poster
Message 92 of 193
Message 92 of 193

Another one with Z5P here chirping in.

Had the phone since Nov 15 and had this problem the whole time. Went into the O2 shop (UK) and their "Sony Ambassador" told me that Sony know about the issue and will be issuing a fix soon, that was 4 months ago and NOTHING yet.

Sent phone off to O2 repair 2 months ago and they sent it back with a letter saying "we couldnt find the problem" even after they phoned me about it to ask what was wrong with it.

Got to the point now where I cannot keep up with this, I use wifi in work a lot and at home. NO OTHER device in my house or work does this.

Phone going back to O2 tomorrow for repair again and I know they will do the same.

I see some people are saying about new hubs and changing settings, Its all well and good updating your own network to the latest firmware but you should be able to use it out and about where you have NO say or access to their settings.

This phone should just work out of the box on any wifi network, regardless if the hubs are running the latest firmware or not.

Anyone from Sony want to chirp in here with a few words about the O2 Ambassador guy or to acknowledge this problem?

£600 phone Sony, NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Regards.

Regular
Message 93 of 193
Message 93 of 193

They pretend there is no issue or that they fix it at the repair centre I think it's time we all called watchdog
One time poster
Message 94 of 193
Message 94 of 193

Hi Folks,

same problem faced by my z5p here until I have changed my router channel setting for the wifi 2.4GHz from auto to a dedicated number, says channel 7, the problem is solved so far and no disconnection again. I am using asus ac66u router. Hope that it can help.

James

Enthusiast
Message 95 of 193
Message 95 of 193

My router only has 802.11n.

One time poster
Message 96 of 193
Message 96 of 193

Guys,

I had the same problem to the extent that the WIFI was not connecting at all ! But this only happens if you have android version 5.1.1.

Please check the version of Android in your device --I did a factory reset and then choose the software update that will directly land me to Android Marshmallow.

I had another upgrade to 6.0.1 --and here also wifi working perfectly no drops and always showing full strength!

Have a try!

Regards,

Arka

One time poster
Message 97 of 193
Message 97 of 193

I have the same problem. My WiFi works perfect for everyone else but I can't seem to connect. I'm working off my 4G right now but my wife beside me here browsing away on WiFi on her iPhone. Turning WiFi on and off doesn't work for me. I need to turn the phone off two/three times a day which is very annoying
Enthusiast
Message 98 of 193
Message 98 of 193

Bump.
Adviser
Message 99 of 193
Message 99 of 193

I also did a factory reset a week ago and added back only few apps that I trust, since then everything works fine.
Learner
Message 100 of 193
Message 100 of 193

So my Xperia Z5 Compact has just started doing this since the lastest firmware update to 6.0.1 - was working fine before. Have tried everything including software repair and factory reset (which doesn't give you the option to reset the firmware, nice going Sony) and still nothing. Sony suggest sending for repair meaning I need to purchase an additional handset in the meantime as they don't offer loans for something that they have broken. Terrible service. Why you can't just roll back to a previous OS version is beyond me - that would have been fine for me until a new, actually fixed update came out. 

I'm guessing they'll deny that there's anything wrong with it when they look at it and it'll be miraculously working again when I get it back. Either that or they'll say I've damaged it in some way, which will be complete rubbish since everything was working fine until the latest update. 

Does anyone from Sony actually check in on these threads? The guy I spoke to said that this issue was not a known one, so there's clearly not a lot of communication, given that this has nearly 100 posts about it.

EDIT: before sending off I attempted another Software Repair through Xperia Companion, just to make sure. The software repair process couldn't get past the point where you are supposed to hold down the volume key and plug the handset back into the PC - instead of the repair process continuing, the phone would just boot into safe mode - tried about 10 times with the same effect each time. Something is definitely up with my handset since this latest firmware update. What a joke. I've spent over £30 on sorting out a new (rubbish!) phone to use while the phone is off for repair, and Sony have said they won't cover that cost whatever the turnout of the repair.