account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Inhabitant
Message 181 of 193
Message 181 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Well. I for one have now given up! I tried it all. ALL solutions posted here, and absolutely nothing helped. The WIFI curcuit in Z5P must be totally fxxxed. When wanting to watch something on FB or YT video is buffering 60-70% of time. Just really bad. And for Sony not to have solved this issue since i first posted in now-dec of 2015 is a slap in the face. SO now Sony, you lost a customer. I have now bought a Samsung S8+... And need I say. OMG what a difference! So byebye and thanks for nothing.

Learner
Message 182 of 193
Message 182 of 193

Hey guys, updating my z5 to 7.1.1 did not fix the issue, but i noticed after turning "charging optimization"  off, the issue was gone. That fixed all my wifi related problems

Enthusiast
Message 183 of 193
Message 183 of 193

Bump

Learner
Message 184 of 193
Message 184 of 193

Watching this thread with angst as I've had this issue for a while and have consumed a stack of mobile data as a result.

My Z5P has been in for repair (WIFI and Bluetooth modules replaced); I've had the phone replaced 2 weeks after this repair, restored all my data on the new phone, This has (within 2 weeks!) put in safe mode and reset to factory mode, searched forums and chatted with Sony support staff.

The result has been centered around putting phone in safe mode (no issue found). Thus, this has been advised as it being a software fault (one of the apps downloaded) that is interfering with the WIFI and I should do a factory data reset and selectively reinstall apps until fault occurs!

I have an Xperia Z2 tablet and Z2 phone which both work perfectly when moving between different WIFI zones, the Z5P is the only one which does not  consistently reconnect.

Oh and don't get me started on the removal of being able to group text or email from Contacts in Android build 7.0!!

One time poster
Message 185 of 193
Message 185 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

I am having the same problem and I only got phone yesterday 

Visitor
Message 186 of 193
Message 186 of 193

I have been living with this wifi problem since I got the phone 8 months ago , I have been very very patient. I just want Sony to acknowledge the is a fault and needs to be resolved with the next firmware/system update

One time poster
Message 187 of 193
Message 187 of 193

Set your wireless router to 2.4GHz band, 20MHz channel width, and use only channels 1, 6 or 11, not Auto. You must do all three for the Z5 connection to be stable. That solved the issue for me.

The WiFi driver is broken on the Z5 and has been since Marshmallow. Works great with above settings. Completely drops the connection otherwise.

One time poster
Message 188 of 193
Message 188 of 193

I had similar problem with WiFi on my z5 prem, and it looks like enabling the wifi log has solved the problem...

Learner
Message 189 of 193
Message 189 of 193

Mine is exactly same and I'm running Android 7.1

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 190 of 193
Message 190 of 193

I have had numerous problems with my z5p it's been back to Sony twice under warranty. It's no developed the same fault and Sony are now saying it's not covered due to it being out of warranty.