account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Regular
Message 131 of 193
Message 131 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Hello. I am proud owner of Sony Xperia Z5 and I am not so proud owner of the same issue. My WIFI connection on different WIFI routers and locations (at home, in office, at girlfriends home,...) keeps dropping. There is no wifi sign at all. Disconnected completely and not even trying to connect back. I thought that maybe mobile data connection is stronger so I disabled tha mobile data and now my phone when on wifi and wifi dropps is without any internet connection. And as many times said... that is very uncool for a phone so expensive and that rang. I am on Android version 6.0.1 Build number 32.2.A.5.11. 

Oh maybe this... my girlfriend has Sony Xperia Z5 Compact and she doesn't have problems with wifi. And we are connected to the same wifi router.  So... please... Sony get this done. 

I am getting really upset with this. because this happens also while using the phone, not just when is on the table. 

SONY MOBILE need to repair this issue! Otherwise we will start returning our phones and demand money back or changeing for competition on Sony's costs. Don't understand me wrong, I like my phone and Sony, but why is not working as it should?

I have tried now this "Use legacy DHCP client" option in Developer options and I will just wait if it is any better.

Regular
Message 132 of 193
Message 132 of 193

Hey everybody... 

looks like not only we have these problems. Check that out!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/43hrvo/tip_to_those_having_wifi_issues_on_60_use_legacy/

DHCP to legacy.

THIS IS THE SOLLUTION!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYgaLgX5pE

Problem with WIFI dropping on Sony Xperia Z5 Marshmallow is now FIXED! No more WIFI connection dropping, no more restarting WIFI. Check out in video what you have to do! Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE and LIKE! Check out also my VLOG: http://vlog.teddy.si ...
Adviser
Message 133 of 193
Message 133 of 193

It's keeps happening no matter what option I opt for. Tried safe mode. Reset the router. Reset the phone. But to no avail. And sometimes it just fails to connect keeps showing connecting for an eternity.. This is happening since the last update. Sony better fix it up soon.
Regular
Message 134 of 193
Message 134 of 193

Check out this solution. It works for me. I don't know why my post is always deleted.

http://www.teddy.si/sony-xperia-z5-wifi-problems-marshmallow-android-connectivity-drops-wifi/

@Abrez wrote:
It's keeps happening no matter what option I opt for. Tried safe mode. Reset the router. Reset the phone. But to no avail. And sometimes it just fails to connect keeps showing connecting for an eternity.. This is happening since the last update. Sony better fix it up soon.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 135 of 193
Message 135 of 193

This solution ACTUALLY is the best so far!

Now WiFi is stable!  

http://www.teddy.si/sony-xperia-z5-wifi-problems-marshmallow-android-connectivity-drops-wifi/

Thanks, good one!

Even though speed still compared to my kids IPhones, but i believe this is something we have to live with.

Baad wifi hardware in the phone!

Everyone should try this!

Rookie
Message 136 of 193
Message 136 of 193

Look it still happening using my wifi on Virgin 200meg it the only phone in the house that does its eating my 5g of data because it keeps cutting off my Virgin broadband and going on data everyone else as a Samsung and mine is a Sony experia z5 premium it's getting to the point that every friend asks me and there staying clear of Sony phones now Sony you really have to sort it out I've seen on here many people trying everything on here like I have and people sending in there phones to service centre getting it back and still having same problem if service centre have your phone there not spending x amount of time on the phone to see if it drops there wifi also if people are having problems with different networks then it's the phone not the network provider if everyone is having network problems with same one then it's network provider not the phone. If it's Facebook that's making wifi kick you of or a game that boots you of wifi let's look at that what ever reason it is its just this phone and I'm sorry but Sony as gone down the pan as I tell people not to bother the phone it's self is a nice phone but until it's sorted I'm now looking at other phone
Learner
Message 137 of 193
Message 137 of 193

That option in the developers menu is not available when you upgrade to Nougat 7.0

Regular
Message 138 of 193
Message 138 of 193

Indeed! Until there is no fix to this in Nougat, I recommend not updating to Nougat. Because there needs to be fix, otherwise we can throw our smartphones in the river Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 139 of 193
Message 139 of 193

Any info when this issue will be fixed ? WIFI in my office works just fine but when i go home it never connects or connect dosconnect with exclamation icon on WIFI. It was having problems on marshmellow but on Nougat its worse. Literally I can't use my phone anymore

Apprentice
Message 140 of 193
Message 140 of 193

Can i downgrade my phone to Marshmellow with all the latest updates for marshmellow ? My phone is in warranty and i do not want to do anything that can void this warranty