account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Enthusiast
Message 101 of 193
Message 101 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Sony, are you even reading this thread? Hello? This problem has existed since the existence of the Z series.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 102 of 193
Message 102 of 193

Absolutely agree, at the price the Z5p should work perfectly with almost any box. I guess I'm lucky, the upgrade from my old BT hub 3.0 to 5.0 solved my problems, no connection drop outs for months. I suggested we need someone who can detail the differences between the BT hubs as the problem lies there. However what we really need is Sony to take notice and FIX THIS. My advice, don't buy this series of Sony 'phones, my next route is going to be facebooking and tweeting this state of affairs unless Sony reacts positively. The more people who are warned and buy another make, maybe the more chance we have of satisfaction. Social media to the rescue?
Regular
Message 103 of 193
Message 103 of 193

@lambo wrote:
Sony, are you even reading this thread? Hello? This problem has existed since the existence of the Z series.

Nah, Sony just don't bother to listen to customers. They are too stuck up.

Lots of threads and they are just ignoring all the problems faced by the customers.

Will be my first and only Sony phone.

Waiting for my contract tie in period to end and will be changing brands.

Apprentice
Message 104 of 193
Message 104 of 193

Is anyone else still having WiFi issues? I get issues every now and again. I can be connected at full bars but I won't have internet connection. I have to toggle WiFi off and on to get it to work again. Sometimes my WiFi will turn off when screen is off even though it's set to keep WiFi always on. Also, compared to other devices in my house, the Z5P just doesn't hold onto the WiFi connection when getting further away from the router.
One time poster
Message 105 of 193
Message 105 of 193

Just for the record, I've suffered same trouble since I bought my Z5P. I' ve tried whole instructions that Sony had given to me, but, sadly, nothing works. By using YouTube, it works worst. Nowadays, I simply turn off WiFi connection, and turn it on again...all the time Slightly frowning Face
Apprentice
Message 106 of 193
Message 106 of 193

I'm hoping this next OTA update (32.2.A.0.305) fixes it.
Visitor
Message 107 of 193
Message 107 of 193

The same thing keeps happening to my z5p. It's not my wifi signal as when it drops on the phone I can still use the wifi on my ipad. It happens to me when I go on to snapchat or instagram and my wifi disconnects and when it reconnects it say connected but no Internet then it eventually works again. I'm ready to send my phone I. As feel like it is a fault in the phone. Looking for help. I have done all ofthe different restarts and configuration and this is my last way of looking for help.
Enthusiast
Message 108 of 193
Message 108 of 193

Bump. Please fix this issue Sony. Will keep bumping until fixed.
One time poster
Message 109 of 193
Message 109 of 193

Bump.

Have same issue as other people in this thread.

Full bars, 2 meters away from the router, open youtube app, watch video for 30 seconds, connection problem, tap to retry. The only solution is to turn wifi off and on again. With Xperia Z1 no issues on the same router. No issues with my laptop, no issues with my wife's Samsung Galaxy, no issues with PS3 and PS4. The only device that has issues is Xperia Z5 Premium.

Please fix the issue!

Enthusiast
Message 110 of 193
Message 110 of 193

Yup, my Z1 also works fine.