account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Regular
Message 81 of 193
Message 81 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

I've had mine 2months, turn on your developer options (about device, tap on build number 7times), and change to legacy (lollipop) DHCP and it helps... Doesn't solve the issue but it improves the WiFi reliability
One time poster
Message 82 of 193
Message 82 of 193

Same issue here: bought the phone less than a week back, configure email accounts for the office and personal. Randomly, the WiFi icon shows an exclamation sign (!) (like 10 times a day), and after that synchronization of calendar, email, or any other app stops working. I need to turn off and then on the WiFi again to make the apps refresh and work.

You can imagine this process is ridiculous and inconvenient in order to make a phone like this works. Have searched for a possible solution, but I only find a lot of people suffering the same problem.

Any idea?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 83 of 193
Message 83 of 193

Did anyone get a proper fix for this? I returned my phone to Sony to get it repaired... 2weeks later got my phone back with "issue resolved" on the slip, but not even 20 mins into using the phone it came up with the exclamation mark over the WiFi symbol, this is the best phone Sony have to offer?? It can't keep a steady WiFi connection???really Sony? I want my money back and il go back to my z2 until you fix the issue!!
Regular
Message 84 of 193
Message 84 of 193

Ebbrenes, return your phone and get your money back while you still can don't let them offer another device as it seems to be very common
Regular
Message 85 of 193
Message 85 of 193

The problems I had (detailed earlier in this thread) happened with my BT Home Hub 3.0, I changed this to a v5.0 at the end of April, since then my Z5p has connected flawlessly. No connection problems at all. We need someone who knows the technical differences between the v3.0 and v5.0 BT Hub as the problem must lie there. If we can identify the differences then other hubs/routers might benefit.
Regular
Message 86 of 193
Message 86 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

I tried changing my hub and tried on several different providers and the issue didn't go away, although there was an update this morning re-adding the stamina mode and so far it hasn't dropped signal today but I've only been connected for a couple hours so I'm just hoping they have sorted it
Regular
Message 87 of 193
Message 87 of 193

The difference between my old sky hub and the new one I bought was the old one only supported 2.4 ghz and the new one supports 2.4 and 5ghz I don't know how much of a difference this makes but it was the only thing in the spec that was different
Regular
Message 88 of 193
Message 88 of 193

My v5.0 BT Hub does the same, able to connect at both 2.4 and 5, usually my z5p connects at 5 Ghz, occasionally at 2.4 briefly before resuming at 5 Ghz. If you're lucky, like me, your problems are over. Fingers crossed!
Message 89 of 193
Message 89 of 193

I am travelling a lot. Only home during weekends. I face this WIFI disconnection issue everywhere all the time.

When the phone goes into standby. The only way to avoid is by deactivating the 'data mobile', but then you need to reactivate after.

Moreover my phone does not even automatically reconnect to a known wifi...

My very last sony.

Enthusiast
Message 90 of 193
Message 90 of 193

Bump. Sony, fix this please. It's been 6 months and you haven't done a single thing to fix this.