account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

One time poster
Message 51 of 193
Message 51 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

Hi, I have the same problems with my Z5 Wifi, it turns off when locking the screen and then it comes up again, after 2 seconds, when I turn it up again. But what i've noticed is that it only happens when i'm connected to a 5Ghz signal instead of 2.4Ghz. If I switch to the "normal" signal, 2.4, it keeps connected. I have the WIFI ON set in always, and i have Android 6.0, so there is no Stamina options. I've unchecked also the com.sony.wifi option to be optimized with this Doze thing. Still waiting for a fix!!

One time poster
Message 52 of 193
Message 52 of 193

I have the same issue, however since the android marshmallow it is now ok on wifi networks which are password protected like my home wifi. I have major trouble connecting to public free wifi connections. Is there a fix as it's really annoying. The phone is basically useless without wifi. I'm pretty disgusted that a huge corporation such as Sony would have so many common faults.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 193
Message 53 of 193

Bump
Rookie
Message 54 of 193
Message 54 of 193

Xperia Z5 premium Dual 6.0 Marshmallow : wifi problem

HI Greetings,

I just bought xperia z5 premium dual two months ago. It was working perfectly until yesterday (April 1 2016, two days after i updated it with android 6.0 marshmallow). We have this particular game called "vain glory", and just yesterday I had poor connection with it and then i noticed that even downloading wasn't that fast anymore (playing videos in facebook, youtube videos, downloading a file). I have this another phone (Samsung Note 4 - 5.1.1 lollipop, a year older than this xperia) and I got no problem using it with the same wifi connection I'm using with the xperia z5, like the "vainglory" were running smoothly the downloads and video streaming are working perfectly. I dont have anyproblem with the phones response speed (it isnt laggy) only this internet connection. I tried many things like resetting the the phone and the router, forget wifi connections and reconnecting it, factory reset and also re installing the updates (using pc companion). I tried also to include the phone into routers QoS and set prioritize and had no luck. Please help, i am already stressed out and got no other idea to fix it. your immediate support will very well appreciated.

Thanks,

Forum Legend
Message 55 of 193
Message 55 of 193

Re: Xperia Z5 premium Dual 6.0 Marshmallow : wifi problem

did you try to perform a speed test on both devices to see if they are the same?

is this still the case when you run the phone in safe mode? https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008

you xperia device might have alot of apps that runs/syncs in the background,. try to review your downloaded apps.

if you still experiencing this problems.you can have your device checked at your local service center

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 56 of 193
Message 56 of 193

Re: Xperia Z5 premium Dual 6.0 Marshmallow : wifi problem

Hi Sir nolramlb,

Thank you.

Tried it on safe mode as well. I tried youtube and can't tell the difference on speed.

Anyway,s I already reupdate it using PC companion and it is all gone back like a new phone so this any particular app that can cause problem is not possible.

There is this particular game I have "Vainglory" that works fine with the same home connection I  am using with my Note 4.

Then now, while this game isn't working with my home wifi, I tried it using office wifi and surpisingly it works fine. Ill try it again playing the game using my home connection after office.

Please take note that I dont have any problem with home wifi, other devices connection is fast except my Z5.

Im afraid taking it to service center that they will just reset or reupdate it then will work fine to their wifi connection there but not in my home connection.

Many thanks SirSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 57 of 193
Message 57 of 193

Re: WiFi won't turn on, help appreciated

Hi. I have got z5 premium for less than 2 months and i already have the wifi problem. it just will not switch on. i have tried with software repair but it didn't work. Anny other suggestions?

One time poster
Message 58 of 193
Message 58 of 193

Hi

I've xperia Z3+ and same problem with wifi. It gets disconnected in sleep mode. As soon as i wake it up wifi gets connected immediately.

There was no problem in lollipop but got update to Marshmallow and this problem started.

Hoping for a fix from SONY as its a big drawback in their phones. I've samsung and Huawei too and no problem in those.

Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 59 of 193
Message 59 of 193

Sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

Would it be possible for you to take logs from your phone after it has disconnected and send them to me?

To do this:

Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number

Go back and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging" and also "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging". Then tap "Logger buffer sizes" and change this to "4 M".

The next time your phone disconnects from your network:
Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready (takes a minute or so) you will get a notification that you can tap and share to Google Drive. Please send me a link to this file in a private message.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 60 of 193
Message 60 of 193

Hi,

I have the same problem in my Sony Xperia Z5P, not only that, it is not accessing internet from public networks like in airports or hotels. Which making me paying a lot of money on internet rooming.

I am suffuring from this problem since I bought the phone. It is very annoying.

Regards