account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

One time poster
Message 41 of 193
Message 41 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

Hi
Finally I found a thread with the same very annoying WiFi problems that I have. My phone behaves exactly as @gundeho describes his problems.
One time poster
Message 42 of 193
Message 42 of 193

I have the exact same problem, like whenever my phone is locked the wifi sleeps and when i unlock it i see it with an exclaimation mark on it meaning it isnt working.

I always have to turn my wifi off and on everytime it happens and when I do, messages from like an hour go comes to me now which is so frustrating to deal with and its beginning to happen more often now.

From what i heard, it is something to do with Android.

I just hope Sony and Android can fix this problem asap cos it seems like more people is having this problem.

One time poster
Message 43 of 193
Message 43 of 193

Same problem as Dominic81 and Mick_81. Wifi always disconnects as soon as the phone sleeps. It is very annoying. I can't use Whatsapp Web anymore and I have to keep turning my phone on. Battery gets drained much faster this way! I hope Sony fixes this bug soon.

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 193
Message 44 of 193

I told Sony about this bug in December but they never fixed it.
Inhabitant
Message 45 of 193
Message 45 of 193

I feel since the Marshmallow it has become a little better! Sonys own battery save has dissapeared? And i cant even find Google one?

Battery life is worse though. :-(

Any more input guys??

Rookie
Message 46 of 193
Message 46 of 193

Hi 

Having same kind of issues on my Z5 Compact.

I own a Z5 compact since a few monthes. WIFI is working great everywhere except at my work for a reason i ignore.

Each time i connect to my work WIFI, i got the connection and internet is working. But the connection drops after a few minutes. Even if the z5 compact stays awake (it can happen while i'm using internet).

The Wifi is still marked as connected to the network on settings but without internet access. I tried to connect to a local IP and it's not reachable neither.

I tried to connect with a static IP address but no better result. Each time i get disconnected after a few minutes.

I first thought it was realated to the WIFI network, but my Z3 compact never had this issue and all other devices are ok on the exact same network(all kind of phones, PCs...).

Tried to reboot the WIFI receiver. No change.

Finally i was hoping the Marshmallow firmware to fix the issue. Got it yesterday and... nope, this issue still won't allow me to connect to my work WIFI with this phone.

I think i'll change my phone soon and not sure to stay with Sony this time...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 47 of 193
Message 47 of 193

@Rickard Any help? Or ANYONE from Sony?
One time poster
Message 48 of 193
Message 48 of 193

Sony do you have any plans of getting your software better? I'm really frustrated and unhappy that i bought the z5 premium. I thought i made the best decision opting to get this phone because, its hardware is a monster, but then, with your laggy and buggy software i find the phone really annoying and crappy. Your software engineers should start doing their jobs right and faster. This phone is not cheap. What's the sense of having the beta program if you're not gonna address all the issues present during the test. I should have not kept my hopes too high with the marshmallow update. Please get this wifi problem fixed soon!!!! And please reply and give us assurance that you're working on this matter.

Emperor
Message 49 of 193
Message 49 of 193

@Alwaer

Don't create duplicate posts, thank you.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 193
Message 50 of 193

Still no fix?