account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Message 11 of 193
Message 11 of 193

Re: WIFI issues on z5 premium.

Hello,

I have Z5 Premium and it does the same - when changing wifi connections it shows the exclamation mark and I need to restart phone wifi to get it working. I have no issue with moible data or once I connect to the particular wifi network. I love the phone, but this is frustrating...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 193
Message 12 of 193

I'm afraid it's hard to say what could be the cause of this as this doesn't happen when i test this here and also without knowing if you did test my previous suggestions and if so, what the result was.

Can you please let me know:

Did you test if you were able to reach the router configuration from Chrome in the phone when this happens?

Have you tried to perform a software repair?

Logs from the phone would be helpful in this case, would you be willing to send me logs taken when this has happened?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 193
Message 13 of 193

And its just not when one changes WIFI. Just now it happened while i was sitting doing something on the phone. Just out of the blue? See pic. And again, and again.....

Ill be glad to send logg if needed.

Screenshot_2015-12-18-12-58-09.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 193
Message 14 of 193

That would be great.

To take logs:

Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number

Go back and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging" and also "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging"

Restart your phone

The next time it happens:

Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready you will get a notification that you can tap and share to Google Drive. Please send me a link to the log in a private message.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 193
Message 15 of 193

I Fix!

Maybe someone elso should to, so maybe a pattern can be seen?

ronaldinho161 ?

Visitor
Message 16 of 193
Message 16 of 193

No Internet connection when connected to Wi-Fi network

I have a z1 and a z5 at home. While I dont have any issues with z1 when connecting to wifi, the z5 which connects to the same wifi doesn't connect to Internet. The wifi signal is good. My other devices work as well. Whenever I restart the z5 the Internet works for few minutes and then stops working. I have tried resetting the phone completely. I dont have stamina on. I even gave it to Sony service center and got it reset. Nothing has fixed the issue. The problem persists in any wifi network.

Message 17 of 193
Message 17 of 193

How did you manage to fix it? By doin repair or what? I don't want to do repair as I do not want to lose data and I expect to have a premium experience on a phone that costs this much and contains Premium in its titlte

One time poster
Message 18 of 193
Message 18 of 193

I am having the same problem with WiFi also. When looking a Facebook it will suddenly not load any more same goes on games and all appsnwith access to Internet. It sometimes has the explanation mark but no always. Looking like it is a common problem with the z5 premium. Need it fixed NOWW!!!
Message 19 of 193
Message 19 of 193

Hello, the issue seems ok now. First I turned on and off the airplane mode... Then went to settings->Wi-Fi->from the three dots select advanced. On the option "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" select Never. It seems to do exactly the opposite, because the moment I wake the device, it is already connected to wifi and not to mobile data. Maybe I get everything throught my mobile data when device is in sleep, which is ok for me. But after I did that, I had no exclamations marks and everything seems ok... Hope this helps

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 193
Message 20 of 193

I tried your solution, But the problem still here for me!?

And i cant get how to do the bug report?

I will try today again.

This wifi issue really drives me insane, and take down the whole xperia experience, im sorry to say.