account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Volume Warning for headphones missing.

Adept
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Volume Warning for headphones missing.

Is it possible that a briefest of moments not at full volume, is resetting the 20 hour timer?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

I checked your customization and it's a nordic unit so it will display a popup warning every 20h when volume is above 85dB.

What headset/headphones are you using?

@TerryQ

I'm not sure if the counter can be reset and it may perhaps also have to do with the headphones used. I will see if i can get more information about it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

The headphones is a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-S.

Regarding the 20 hours... there is something in your wording that got me thinking. 

These 20 hours, are they cumulative? Ie. if I play at full volume 1 hour each day but at normal volume the rest of the day, it will take 20 days before I see a warning?

Or will it be 20 non-cumulative hours from the moment har exceed the limit. Ie. if I turn the volume to max at 4pm but turn it down shortly after, then at 12 noon the next day a warning will pop up if I try to exceed to limit?

Adept
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

I was thinking any drop from full volume could reset the timer. I have my phone connected to my stereo so I can listen to Spotify, phone volume is at max and stereo volume set as required. After a couple of days like this, I guess it worked out at 10 hours a day, I got my volume warning. Plus it automatically reduces the phone volume, which came as a surprise to me lol. Brand new phone so I don't know all its actions yet 😄

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

The information i currently have doesn't say how these 20 hours are calculated i'm afraid. I've forwarded it internally to see if i can get more information on this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

After 2 weeks I can still crank up the volume to max without warning.

Adept
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

I would love the warning not to turn up, gets annoying if you listen thru a stereo and suddenly everything goes quiet 😄

Demigod
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Hi, What you can do is go to your settings > Apps look for SmartConnect. clear the app data and restart the phone.

Now try to turn the volume max again. The caution/warning should show again.

If that don't work, just go to Settings > Apps on the upper right there is 3 little dots. Tap on it and Clear app preferences.

Regular
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Hi

The first solution did not work. And the second solution I do not want to try, wouldn't I have to redo all the settings for all the apps again?

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

@mekanix wrote:

Hi

The first solution did not work. And the second solution I do not want to try, wouldn't I have to redo all the settings for all the apps again?

Hi, definitely one of this will work. if the first one don't then i can already confirmed the 2nd option will work.

Not all settings will be wipe out or something major will happen. I.e if you disabled an app, after you did the reset. That app will be re-enabled.. thats it.

If you think that this will cause too much hassel. then is up to you to do it. Cheers!