account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unbelievable, Z5 bluetooth remains broken in 7.1.1. !!!!!!!!

Apprentice
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Unbelievable, Z5 bluetooth remains broken in 7.1.1. !!!!!!!!

Such a shame! Same bug in my device Z5 compact 

Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Try this workaround:

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

BGH
Learner
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Thank You, but I don`t have this option Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version

Apprentice
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I don`t have this option Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version

Apprentice
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

it's frustrating to be unable to solve it. I will be forced to change the phone and not buy more Sony

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

@Quester wrote:

Try this workaround:

2. Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP 1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone

I can't do it in my z5 compact because in my networking menu I can't switch Bluetooth AVRCP version. 

How can I fix it? It's frustrating that I can't show metadata in my car using Spotify and other apps. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

I have the same issue with my z5. If I restore the phone to the original factory settings will I solve the problem ?

Adviser
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@Quester wrote:

Try this workaround:

4. Restart your phone

There is no such control in Nougat!

"Android O feature spotlight: Developer Preview 2 adds a Bluetooth AVRCP version selector."