account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unbelievable, Z5 bluetooth remains broken in 7.1.1. !!!!!!!!

Learner
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Unbelievable, Z5 bluetooth remains broken in 7.1.1. !!!!!!!!

After waiting months for Sony to release a patch to fix the bugs that was kindly provided in Android 7 patch I today received 7.1.1

I am really annoyed that having waited patiently for this it's still not fixed the issue of broken Bluetooth in the car.

1. Meta data of music not shown

2. Navigation controls not working

Sony, why do you have such utter contempt for your customers?

For the thousand time of asking how can I fix this, please dont tell me to a wait another 3 months for another useless patch.

Expecting no reply for Sony, which from reading this forum is pretty customary, I ask fellow owners if we can collectively publish a guide on how to roll the phone back to android 6.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Bluethoot on 7.1.1 - Battery drain

Does anyone experience a lot of consume with Bluetooth? 

I'm using SmartBand 2 and never experienced this Screenshot_20170718-130049.png

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
One time poster
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

No wifi and no bluetooth on Z5C, overheating, battery drain

Hi,

yesterday I tried to connect my bluetooth speaker to the phone, but the bluetooth on my phone did not turned on, after this the wifi was no ok, I did the factory reset, without success. The phone overheating despite of it isn't in use and the battery runs down faster than before. I use 7.1.1, so I think this is the reason of my problems. Can anyone help me, is there any solution, or is this a hardware issue?

Sorry for my english! Slightly smiling Face

Thank you for your answer and help!

Visitor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: Unbelievable, Z5 bluetooth remains broken in 7.1.1. !!!!!!!!

I have reported the same issue as  z5_andy multiple times and no response from Sony how to resolve this. Respond Sony!!!!I will not be purchasing another Sony phone in the future if this is the support that we receive. I intend to publish this on social media so people know how useless Sony is.

1. Meta data of music not shown

2. Navigation controls not working

Adviser
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

+1

Learner
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Same thing for me! No metadata shown when playing songs through bluetooth in a vehicle. "Unknown". 

Vehicle system: Mazda Connect Infotainment

The best thing is that Mazda claims it is fully compatible with Z5 Dual. Checked it myself.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Bluetooth Audio playback in the car

Problem with Metadata and selecting songs - skipping to next etc. . Vw golf 2015-Sony Z5 Premium.... It will connect to the car just fine, and audio output  on both calls and when playing music works just fine. (I play music with default Google music player for music stored on the phone and also streaming with Spotify.) Problem is, there is no way to use the buttons on steering wheel to skip songs, (in other words stealing my focus away from the road) and it's missing Artist/Album /Track Title and cover photo. Worked just fine earlier, but after I updated the phone a while ago it lost the mentioned functions. Other brand phones like Huawei, Samsung, Apple etc works just fine.

Come on Sony, this is a deal breaker. Fix it, or I will go elsewhere with my business next time I'm looking for a phone. 

Adviser
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

Re: Bluetooth Audio playback in the car

+1 :-(

Adept
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

What model do you have? I have the E6653 running 7.1.1 no issues so far?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
BGH
Learner
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, in car bluetooth connection:

1. Meta data of music not shown.

2. Navigation controls not working.
 My intention to buy SONY was destroyedHow long will we have to wait UPDATES? Or a mad desire to get more money with new phones is more important than the old customers?