account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lock "fingerprint unlocking" after Nougat

Commissioner
Message 31 of 37
Message 31 of 37

Re: Manually unlocking phone

@harv2310

Here we can see how Sony "cares".

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
One time poster
Message 32 of 37
Message 32 of 37

poor lock screen security

NScreenshot_20170525-190831.png

Although I have set the fingerprint lock and pin to secure my phone, but after I switch on my phone, the phone can unlock by sliding the screen, instead of unlock by fingerprint and pin nunber. I hope Sony Mobile can improve this security system.

Message 33 of 37
Message 33 of 37

Re: poor lock screen security

@Wanderful

If you already set your phone to have a fingerprint along with PIN, there's no way that you can bypass that or disable it unless you disable it yourself, or at least set some exceptions in Smart Lock options.

Go to Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Smart Lock -> confirm your security -> check every option that you don't have it enabled.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 34 of 37
Message 34 of 37

Re: poor lock screen security

It's either location smart lock or Bluetooth smart lock based on the connected Bluetooth device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 35 of 37
Message 35 of 37

Screen unlocks with swipe despite other method set.

I've set screen unlock to other methods such as pin and pattern, but once I press power button, it still allows me to swipe to unlock, essentially offering me zero protection whatsoever. 

Visitor
Message 36 of 37
Message 36 of 37

Lock is Not working

Hii I'm Using Xperia Z5 dual Gold Colour,  after Updating my Z5 to Android 7.1  ,  I locked my Mobile with pattern nd Finger print,  but it's Not working pattern,  

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 37 of 37
Message 37 of 37

Re: Unable to lock "fingerprint unlocking" after Nougat

@CameronT

Why don't you fix this security issue? It's absolutely not possible to lock fingerpirnt unlocking... Nice way how Sony ruins security.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop