account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lock "fingerprint unlocking" after Nougat

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 37
Message 11 of 37

Re: Unable to lock "fingerprint unlocking" after Nougat

@mrnino,

Yeah, it seems to only disable Smart Lock functionality, but not the fingerprint security.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 12 of 37
Message 12 of 37

Could we expect fix soon or Z5 series is end-of-life? It's really security issue because during night anybody can enter into phone. And it happens so far on Nougat on Xperia devices only (tested on Honor 8, Nexus 6P it's works as it should)... 

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Commissioner
Message 13 of 37
Message 13 of 37

@CameronT

And this is where discussion with Sony staff ends...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 37
Message 14 of 37

@mrnino,

No idea sorry. The development team do read these threads so if it is a bug they will likely work on it. I can not confirm if this is intended functionality or not. It has been this way since at least 6.0.1 as it is performing this way on my Xperia X with 6.0.1, but I have no devices on older firmware that I can test with.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 15 of 37
Message 15 of 37

"it has been this way.. "  which way? Because it has been "my way" that locking fingerprint worked since Lollipop but stopped work with Nougat. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 37
Message 16 of 37

@mrnino,

What about on Marshmallow?

Commissioner
Message 17 of 37
Message 17 of 37

Lollipop - tap on icon and fingerprint is locked

Marshmallow update - tap on icon/tap and hold for a sec and fingerprint is locked

Nougat - tap however you want, it doesn't work anymore 

Message 18 of 37
Message 18 of 37

Critical Security Issue-Auto on lock

I have observed very strange issue. Just lock the device with finger print or any other screen lock option enabled. Now on locked screen, try to access icons from the top bar i.e. Wifi or any other icon. Hold on for few seconds on wifi icon for instance, and mobile will be unlocked..... This is very critical security issue....
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 19 of 37
Message 19 of 37

@CameronT

Any news about if it will be fixed or not? Are developers aware of this issue? What they say about it?

Visitor
Message 20 of 37
Message 20 of 37

PIN unlock not working since latest update

Is any body else suffering with this? In setting it says PIN activated but when I lock my phone, I can unlock using fingerprint,BUT if I swipe up on the lock screen it used to ask for my PIN but now it just opens????? I've tried many times to re-set PIN but the same everytime,Like I said it was fine before the recent update but now my phones not secure! THANKS SONY