account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Turn off Charging LED - Z5 Compact

SOLVED
FSB
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Turn off Charging LED - Z5 Compact

Is there any way to turn off the LED while charging, I like to have my phone next to the bed at night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Re: Turn off Charging LED - Z5 Compact

Haha i was wondering this.. I just turn My Phone around works fine

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

@FSB

There isn't a way to do so, however there might be third party apps that might do just that. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

We've heard in the past people putting duct tape on the LED.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Haha i was wondering this.. I just turn My Phone around works fine

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Turning around phone is the best solution and seems perfect. Also, I don't think the light is so bright that can be noticed after closing eyes. Grinning Face
Commissioner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

My Z1C was annoying. It was one of the reasons i updated to Z5
Talent
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

There was some program for xperia with that purpose (with a lot of other usefull settings), but root is needed.

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

The charging led notification function, in my opinion, is useless to begin with - I can see that the phone is charging in the status bar.  Not having an option to disable or change the color/brightness of the notification is even worse.  I charge at night - and in my bedroom.  Even with the phone face down, my bedroom becomes illuminated - the blue led is incredibly bright. 

For such an awesome phone, it is hard to understand how developers would have overlooked this detail.  Sony, if you are listening, would you be so kind as to give us a toggle to turn this feature off.

My black electrical tape over the top of the led, while stylish and original, is just not what this piece of machinery should be sporting!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I think it's annoying too. I don't understand why there isn't an option to toggle it off. So you have the choice.. Now the choice is maken for you. 

Adviser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

The charging LED on my Z5P is a barely visible red, I have to look very closely to see if it is on.

When it is fully charged is is still an acceptable level of brightness but green instead.

I do not have any issues with it being disturbing when on my bedside cabinet.