account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touchscreen and Display

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Touchscreen and Display

Wash my Xperia Z5. It got immersed with water. I think it leaks from e prrort. Now got prob with my touchscreen.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Touchscreen and Display

@rimologist

Only your Local support can answer warranty questions. But if you request a vacuum test, that will prove who is at fault, either you have a factory issue or if it's wear and tear/didn't firmly closed the cover, it won't be covered, but that's my opinion. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@rimologist

Turn it off > remove the SIM and SD cards > leave the cover open > place it in a bowl/ziplog bag with rice for 24hrs 

contact your Local support and request a vacuum test. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Is the warranty still valid if the water got inside through the charging port?
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@rimologist

Only your Local support can answer warranty questions. But if you request a vacuum test, that will prove who is at fault, either you have a factory issue or if it's wear and tear/didn't firmly closed the cover, it won't be covered, but that's my opinion. 

View solution in original post

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

This is z5. Charging port is not covered. In my case, water get inside through charging port and im sure my cover flap is tightly closed.
Btw, is the water indicator located at the sim card slot?
Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@rimologist

I was referring to the SIM/SD card cover

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

I'm currently having the same problem.

Is your phone fixed by now? if so, what did you do?

Thanks