account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

The problem that should be simple (USB OTG)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

The problem that should be simple (USB OTG)

So I may be "late for the party" of smartphones once being Z3+ user for so long (since it's launch) I naturally decide to upgrade to Z5 at this month because...yes Thumbs up (actually my USB port got damaged and I decide to move on), anyway, everything with the new phone (Z5) is ok BUT the USB OTG and I mean it. Facts:

• My brand new Xperia Z5 won't read any USB OTG (micro USB) and I did follow the options >settings>device connectivity> USB connection<.
  • I also tried rebooting the phone with the OTG plugged.
  • and the dev options with the bootloader thingy and stuff.
  • I've tested > my headset, 2 kinds of usb mouse, and a pen drive < using my own OTG, then, I tried > them < on another 3 differents OTGs from different stores, they failed, but they did work on my previous phone (Z3+) even with its damaged port.
  • Uhh, and yes, file commander, ez files or whatever didn't work.
  • All the available options at companion software failed aswell.
  • My goal is just to use my Cloud 2 headset with its USB soundboard (7.1) as I used to on Z3+, what it's left for me, mayyyyyy be the P2 adapter with and USB female? since I got no definitive answer for this, I'm not sure if the P2 OTG it's going to work?!?!?!?!?
  • Someone also help me detecting the problem, please? Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: The problem that should be simple (USB OTG)

c'mon people, did anyone at least tried the P2 USB Female on this phone? it transfer files or turn on headphones/headsets? Slightly frowning Face