account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 91 of 127
Message 91 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

okay, but i mean how did you update it with the "system ui stops"? pop up is blocking the phone. ive asked for help in sony hotline but, seems doesnt work at all with their instructions.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 92 of 127
Message 92 of 127

Before the OTA update I had a working phone (for me this issue came randomly: if I switched off the phone, the next start either was fine i.e. without "System UI stops", or with "System UI stops". If the phone was fine I had never switched it off, to spare playing with the restarts..). I tried about 10 switch-off/switch-on cycles.

And I just simply accepted the update.

Without this restarting procedure, I think you are able to carry out the update also with a computer through USB (PCC or Xperia Companion). Please try that and revert to us to see if it was fine.

Visitor
Message 93 of 127
Message 93 of 127

i tried the xperia companion but my phone needs to choose the MTP which is that i cant do cause the screen is blocked off. which is the only way to connect the usb in order to update.

One time poster
Message 94 of 127
Message 94 of 127

hello guys i have encounter the same problem ui stopped after update of 6.0 , i went to sony centre and the problem was the same cannot resolve it, 

but i find out the solution its very simple ,first of all after the error ui stopped occer do remove u r sd card from the phone and just put u r sim only it will work fine , so u need to format micro  sd the put it again it will work fine  

tks 

max dahal

One time poster
Message 95 of 127
Message 95 of 127

Hi

I have had this problem since the 6.0 update and could not get it fixed and I tried everythig in this forum. So I was waiting for the update that was meant to fix the problem and it finaly has been available today. I was so happy that I could retrive the data from my phone which I was not able to unlock since the Marshmellow update. So I have downloaded the today's update but guess what, I CAN NOT install the update because it requires UNLOCKING the phone "paper weight". That's my phone, because its nothing else for more than a Month now. 

So, can SONY or anybody else help me with this issue please, I would really appretiate it.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 96 of 127
Message 96 of 127

The "fix" provided by Sony is unsatisfactory and the tag "SOLVED" is incorrect.

Sony has not provided a solution to the problem, just a promise that other users will not run into the same problem after installing the new sw when available (if the update is correct).   As far as I can tell from the posts in this forum (and my own attempts), there seems to be no way to fix the problem when you have this error message- without wiping the content on the phone. Some maybe lucky solving problem with removing cards etc, but I do not get the impression that this is the general case.

This is quite annoying.  What is even more annoying is that the Sony support does not take the time to properly explain the issue, consequences etc. They pretend this is/ will be solved, but if you are a user with this problem, the problem is not fixed as long as you will lose all data on the phone!  Same goes if you write directly to customer support. Also Sony was quite slow in acknowledging the problem ...

In total this is way below customer expectations. Sony should at least have the decency to explain their mistake quickly, help their customers find the best alternative (again: explain consequences clearly) without wasting time reading all the posts, then apologize and  explain what will prevent similar mistakes from happening again.  

Apprentice
Message 97 of 127
Message 97 of 127

I don't have the Error that System UI stops, but my Fingerprintsensor stopped working.

Everytime I tap my finger on it I get a notification at the botton of the Screen that fingerprinthardware is not available. 

In the System Menu, the one you can access over the Dialcode *#*#7...etc, it says that my Fingerprintscaner is OK.

Did anyone have the same Error and knows how it can be fixed?

I allready restarted the device noumerous times and cleaned the cache over pressing power and volume up till the phone vibrates 3 times. 

Apprentice
Message 98 of 127
Message 98 of 127

I now tried the software repair over the xperia companion. After this the sensor worked for an hour, then it stoped working again.
Starting the phone in safe mode did not help. The same error as before.
The system menu still says fingerprintreader is ok.

Visitor
Message 99 of 127
Message 99 of 127

Hi all

So, I also encountered the issue with the fingerprint sensor going wrong. Updated to 6.0 and hey, guess what - system UI unavailable. A completely useless phone.

Sony - this is ridiculous. How can this be fixed? Do Sony actually review these forums?

I will be seeking a full refund if a resolution cannot be obtained. This problem is obviously affecting many customers.

Visitor
Message 100 of 127
Message 100 of 127

Update from Sony technical support - and I am not joking with this..

"Try turning your phone off and on multiple times and restarting" - seriously?!

I've also had an email from them to arrange for hardware technical support - which requires booking an appointment - which requires an IMEI number - which requires access to the phone. Brilliant. It also says the phone will be wiped.

What a joke of a company. I'll be taking the phone back tomorrow morning and purchasing an iPhone. An utter, utter shambles.