account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 81 of 127
Message 81 of 127

Cannot unlock phone

Hi,

So yesterday I satarted having issues with my fingerprint reader which today stopped working completely.

I therefore rebooted my phone and now the pin code doesn't work.

The phone accepts the code as correct but the screen just goes black and almost seems to reboot the phone.

I sometimes get the error message "interface has unfortunately stopped" (translated from swedish)

Please help.

br

/Natthaniel

Sony Xperia Support
Message 82 of 127
Message 82 of 127

Re: Cannot unlock phone

@nathe01 I merged your topic with this one. Please see my earlier reply here.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 83 of 127
Message 83 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

The 'System UI stopped' defect seems to have been eliminated by today's system update (32.1.A.1.185), thanks Sony. (The underlying issue of the fingerprint scanner remained though, I cannot spare a warranty repair for sure).
Apprentice
Message 84 of 127
Message 84 of 127

Whats your location 4IES? No updates here in the Philippines yet. What other stuff did they put in this latest upate?
Adept
Message 85 of 127
Message 85 of 127

Mine is CE1. (No info for other changes.)
Apprentice
Message 86 of 127
Message 86 of 127

4IES what do you mean CE1?
One time poster
Message 87 of 127
Message 87 of 127

Updated 2 weeks ago and fixed the system UI stops problem with reset my phone to manufacture settings, my z5 started showing "cannot detect sim card" and no network. so disappointed as i am a real fan of sony.

Apprentice
Message 88 of 127
Message 88 of 127

It seems the recent update fixed the problem but still the fingerprint security is non existeny...anyone out there sony???
Visitor
Message 89 of 127
Message 89 of 127

how did you update it?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 90 of 127
Message 90 of 127

I updated automaticall, over-the-air (OTA): the phone notified me that an update is available, and I accepted it.

FYI: I usually check the latest Sony firmwares here (grouped by countries/operators):

https://xpericheck.com/device/E6653