account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 71 of 127
Message 71 of 127

Re: System UI Stopped on Xperia Z5, we can't backed up pictures/videos on the phone

Hi, I got a new Z5 recently too and after updating the phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the Google Play Store ceased to function. My friend who also has a Z5 updated his phone and the Google Play Store ceased to function, including the fatal System UI crash. Eventually, his Z5 wouldn't power on despite being charged. He had to get his phone sent away to get fixed or replaced. I had to get my new Z5 replaced as well.
Visitor
Message 72 of 127
Message 72 of 127

Re: System UI Stopped on Xperia Z5, we can't backed up pictures/videos on the phone

Luckily, my phone was brand new and the store replaced it immediately. So if your phone is within the deadline for replacement, I'd get it replaced if your dealer can't fix it.

Another frustrated customer, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

****Don't update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow****
****Until Sony Fixes This Issue!!!****
Learner
Message 73 of 127
Message 73 of 127

Re: Sony Z5 "Unfortunately, system UI has stopped" ***FIX***

hi  nyxx:

Thanks but your solution won't work if phone has code to lock the screen which I believe every phone user has. 

I did hook up our z5 to this software but it asked to unlock the phone. Since we are having this System UI failure, there

is NO WAY to unlock the phone, therefore, it is totally a diaster.  Right now, it seems to me that Z5 is simple a piece of heavy

brick , just sit there doing nothing

Learner
Message 74 of 127
Message 74 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

hi there, can you remove the Solved tag as it is misleading for other users. This is not fixed yet as far as I am concerned.

thanks

One time poster
Message 75 of 127
Message 75 of 127

This happened to me too, after two days I could hard reset the phone through PC Companion, phone repair. There is no other solution so far that would help you keep your personal data. At least the phone is working again...

One time poster
Message 76 of 127
Message 76 of 127

Is there a solution? As soon as I turn on my phone it displays the system UI message. I need my phone in order to work. I have already spent $800+ and now losing money every day the phone doesn't work. What's the solution for your fault Sony?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 77 of 127
Message 77 of 127

It seems that this symptom (System UI crash loop) can be triggered by more than one root causes, you might want to read through all the former comments here.

1:

If the fingerprint scanner is the root cause, try this (if you send the Kudo, you can indicate that it worked for you):

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/System-UI-stops-after-6-0-update/m-p/...

Basically, if you are lucky, try shutting down your phone again ang again, until the System UI loop vanishes, and if it is working, never restart your phone (until Sony or Google fixes the bug permanently).

2:

Others reported that it was resolved by removing the SIM and removing/reformatting the SD card.

3:

Others reported that is was resolved by Xperia Companion (but for me and for many others, after an initial resolution after a short time the same System UI crash started to occur again).

Sony Xperia Support
Message 78 of 127
Message 78 of 127

I just got information today that this will be corrected in an upcoming software update that is planed to start rolling out in the middle of April 2016. Please note that software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 79 of 127
Message 79 of 127

Re: Android 6.0 System UI has stopped

my phone actually downloaded the update automatically and when it was updated i had same problem as u Jakooth and ya i thought well this is it my phone is dead now cause i could not get to the lock screen to even get in to phone to try to fix it. i even went to my service provider for help and the guy looked at the phone and told there was nothing he could do for me except help me get another phone i was furious i only had phone for 6 months, but then i read online about using sonys PC companion and how to use it to basically reformat phone and put the marshmellow update on it at first i was skeptical but after a few try using the program sony PC companion it worked im glad i had backed up my phone weekly so i didnt lose much but thats what i recomend to anyone that cant use there phone anymore cause they cant get into  past the lock screen cause of an error "System UI has stopped" my phone works perfectly now.

One time poster
Message 80 of 127
Message 80 of 127

Have you found anyway to fix this, its just happened to me, have found you can still use the guest account though which is a short term solution