account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 41 of 127
Message 41 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

@Zlatko23

Thanks for the info.  I'll try it now.

Apprentice
Message 42 of 127
Message 42 of 127

@stefo

Yes, you loose all the data on the device. You can restore the last backup if you have done such.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 43 of 127
Message 43 of 127

@zlatko23

Please revert back here, should the original "SystemUI stopped" issue occurr again.

What about your Fingerprint scanner? Is it always working fine?

(Dial *#*#7378423#*#* and check your Fingerprint status. Mine is not OK sometimes, sometimes OK.)

Apprentice
Message 44 of 127
Message 44 of 127

@4IES

Mine fingerprint scanner had always been reliable. I will write back if I encounter the ""System UI stopped" issue or "Play Store" issues again.

Regular
Message 45 of 127
Message 45 of 127

SOLVED - well kinda !

I had the EXACT same issue after updating to MM last night (including the PIN problem). Tried everything, but just before calling it quits and going ahead with a software repair, I removed my SIM and SD Card, and restarted the phone normally and voila - it works !! All info/media/contacts etc. intact and accesible. I'm currently backing up all my stuff before something else happens.

FYI - I've been having issues with my fingerprint scanner from day 1. A lot of people having this UI issue seem to have that in common.

One time poster
Message 46 of 127
Message 46 of 127

Mine started straight after the update - UI stopped -

Completed re boot and then cleared the cache and seemed to be stable?

Awoke to phone vibrating intermittently and screen flashing on and off, but with no information!

Re booted sveral times and phone appeared to be in continual loop.

Driving to work and noted that bluetooth was connected to car audio system and could see all my numbers - although the screen still showed nothing - also seeing messages on my smartwatch 3.

Just after ariving at my destination i recieved a call and the screen was back on again.

Since the update - I have lost the UI on 3 occaisions.

I have backed up all my data and SD card and waiting for bug fix, which we presume Sony are working on?

I have invested a lot of money (well i think so - Z5 Compact, smartwatch 3 and a Z4 tablet and have had previous incarnations of the Z series) I trsut that Sony will resolve this glitch ASAP

Apprentice
Message 47 of 127
Message 47 of 127

This one worked but I had to do it twice.  It so tedious! I hope sony can fix this.  Ever since the MM update i've hated my phone.

One time poster
Message 48 of 127
Message 48 of 127

I tried, but with the mouse, I just have exactly the same problem. I don't want to lose my data. I have few days of work in my phone Z5C

Apprentice
Message 49 of 127
Message 49 of 127

It seems sony is playing dumb on the issue.  I called their tech support and suggested this same way to repair my phone. I told them i did it more than twice but the phone still crashed with the system ui error. She then told me to physically go to a sony center which is 2 hours away from me.  I asked her if they, "sony in general", has been receiving complaints about this issue. She said that I was the first.  COMMON! There are a lot of complaints already online and we have been on this issue on the sony boards! Common sony!

Visitor
Message 50 of 127
Message 50 of 127

My Z5 shows an UI stop error and asking for my PIN. Enter the correct PIN, it returns to the Authentication screen again. This happens if you switch the SIM card, or whenever you open the SIM/SD slot.

Sony Support Team in Thailand relates this issues to faulty sim card or faulty microsd card, which are all wrong. The real issues is because the new Android 6 has a bug with anyone using PIN to unlock their phone.

I repair the phone and choose Pattern and it works without issues now. I am waiting for Sony to issues an updates to fix this.