account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Support and infirmation please...?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Support and infirmation please...?

Could Sony, or an important person, please contact all those hundreds, thousands, maybe millions... Of good honourable citizens... That originally bought a FANTASTIC phone... And since the nougat update has become a melting, pathetic mess... Please respond to this...

I am asking,begging, exploring, that someone speaks and informs us of how you are going to rectify this... 

Because even though you, Sony,may have you're minions to answer the questions you don't want to, or don't know how to... They are just poor suckers who have been burnt like the rest of us... 

Samsung held their hands up... They admitted their faults.. 

You 

Sony 

This will reflect on you... 

I for one, will never, never, NEVER, purchase anything from Sony ever again... 

All credit to Samsung, which I never had time for before 

8 REPLIES 8
Regular
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Support and infOrmation please...?

You could be more objective regarding what the issues are, however one doesn't have to look far into other forum posts to percieve them.

For a 700€ device (I guess that depends on your country), it is a 'bit' unacceptable to leave software bugs out on the open for so long, I'll be a bit repetitive here, but might be worth the trouble, so in Nougat you have the following issues (take in consideration I have a Z5 Compact):

• Calls Log list lags badly, this seems to be either due to a bad implementation of inertial scroll routine or contact list load/render mechanism. This doesn't seem that critical when comes to the functionality, afterall, the list loads/scrolls quickly, but it sure gives a raised eyebrow.
  • Album zooming in takes a really long time. This is plain unnacceptable, sometimes it takes more than 30 seconds to zoom in a bit. If I took a 3 or 4 shots and want to check the best in terms of sharpness and discard the rest, it might take me more than 5 mins to do so.
  • Security updates anyone? Android Security Bulletin—May 2017
  • Ring speaker low volume seems to be an issue with Nougat update. For me it is loud enough, but that's because I feel it vibrate and not because I hear it.
  • Bottom speaker vs top speaker volume difference. I haven't tested this properly in Nougat (it seems to be true), but I had this issue in the previous firmware.
  • Left side of the photos is blury. This is annoying to say the least, but there is nothing that can be done, it is an hardware fault at the manufacturing of the camera lens, depending on your model it might be quite bad or not noticeable at all. Take notice that 23MP in such a tiny sensor requires some really good optics to resolve all that detail. Shooting in 8MP makes it less noticeable.
  • Z5 line is very camera centric, so we all ask, why is 23MP mode not available in the Camera API2? Where are the manual controls? Why is RAW not available?
  • Battery issues, overheating? For me Nougat behaves well, with mobile data, wifi, location services and stamina mode on all of the time and 3 to 4h of screen time per day I manage to get 36h of battery and services work properly. Though there might be some issue with CPU governor that with some apps and services implementation it goes berserk.
  • A57 cores disabled? Not they are not, the process scheduler and CPU governor are just more conservative, Nougat makes the CPU activity check a bit less reliable, probably due to all the changes in battery saving mechanisms, so the app you use to check the CPU usage matters.

Overall I find my Z5 Compact working reasonable well, however I don't find it good that a flagship phone of the previous generation seems to have be abandoned by the manufacturer.

If I wanted something with the hardware but disregarded software support I would go with a Xiaomi, Leeco or similar.

Well, I would love to hear at least about the security updates...

Edit:

Today I got the 32.3.A.2.33 update to my Z5 Compact (previously 32.3.A.0.376):

• Security patch 1st March 2017.
  • As far as I can tell everything else is the same (didn't test audio issues - sounds loud, but it hard to compare in a silent room)
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

When do the A57 cores run? They are always stopped. 

Commissioner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Oops....!!  support team deleted my post!! Truth is always bitter guys..this isn't ur kindergartens slate or board to erase the facts!!  growup and get a life..!  Next time if u Wana delete...!!! Do it from the side where u ppl can be more useful to solve our issues which we paid for!! Thanks!!  

@GhKerh Those cores (only 1 outta 4)wil kickin for a few secs to moments when u play asphalt or browse using chrome.. Fb. Insta.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

http://www.androidauthority.com/fact-or-fiction-android-apps-only-use-one-cpu-core-610352/

this is just a case of simple logic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

My Xperia z5 cpu dont working just four cores work

Hi four core of cpu working and my Xperia z5 when update to 7 noga very hot and other problems please help me

Can I back to Android 6? 

Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Soo....! What u r trying to say...?  I tried to followup the link and the  content is too long to read for me...! 

@nolramlb wrote:

http://www.androidauthority.com/fact-or-fiction-android-apps-only-use-one-cpu-core-610352/

this is just a case of simple logic

Commissioner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Re: My Xperia z5 cpu dont working just four cores work

Upgrading is  one way process!! U can't go back!!  But there's a way to do that which I don't recommend if u r not familiar with flashtool and some android basics!!  if u still choose to go for it..  Then inbox me!

Regular
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@GhKerh wrote:

When do the A57 cores run? They are always stopped. 

Usually they don't unless the A53's are not enough.

For example you might see (depending on what are you using to measure it) a CPU at 100% load (cpu time) for a 30% frequency, the CPU frequency will be increased to cope with the load. Usually the A53s have enough power for most stuff even games. However if needed the A57s will be used.

I never seen more than 2 A57s in use in my mobile, but even then at less than 30% load, I can't imagine what would take to use all the 4... the link given by nolramlb explains this in detail. A google search in CPU governor and scheduler should be quite informative.

Mediatek (yes, I know Z5 has a Qualcomm CPU) has an app in Play Store that overlays a chart in the screen and allows you to keep track of what CPUs are used and by how much, seems to be quite accurate. Should be quite helpful to quickly confirm when and how are the cores used.

There is another point, thermal headroom, the phone will cut the use of the A57 if it gets hot, but that depends on quite a few factors. The ony time that I saw the phone go 70ºC on CPU was right after a system update... for most of the time it never reaches 60ºC, and waves around 50ºC when in use.

If one is having problems with thermals and battery, it might be due to some app or service using the CPU even when the screen is off. That will cause 'lags' or similar issues when using the phone.

Hope it helps.