account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Stupid question about the default music provider in Google Assistant

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stupid question about the default music provider in Google Assistant

I don't know if I'm an idiot, my phone's buggy, or what, but when I try to switch the default music provider in Google Assistant, it won't give me the option to choose the generic music app (just called "Music"). I have basically all my music play through that app, and only ocassionally use Spotify or YouTube instead, so I'd really like to know how to fix this issue.

Here's an attached picture of the Settings screen, note the lack of "Music". I'm using a Xperia Z5 E0665, if that's of any importance.

Screenshot_20180113-174023~2.png

2 REPLIES 2
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stupid question about the default music provider in Google Assistant

If you're an idiot, then we're two... Same situation here. Used to be OK in previous OS versions...

Are we idiots too thinking Sony's support will ever take better care of its clients ?

Emperor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stupid question about the default music provider in Google Assistant

@OniKunIsGr8 @Jam141

I'll escalate this but it seems to scan cloud services, which makes sense that Spotify it's there and not the default music app.

Also, keep in mind that Sony it is not in charge on this feature, that's on Google. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)