account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Stamina in Nougat doesn't disable vibration like before

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Stamina in Nougat doesn't disable vibration like before

One of the best battery savings is to disable vibration. But in Nougat, Stamina mode seems to allow most vibrations that were blocked before the update.

For example Fingerprint sensor, Volume control, "Low battery" notification all now vibrate even when in Stamina mode.

That's not good for battery life, and also very annoying.

Before Nougat I had vibration for calls only and *nothing* else. Is there any way to achieve this in Nougat???

Best regards
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stamina in Nougat doesn't disable vibration like before

Hopefully it can be fixed at some point. This is the only post I could find about this issue after the update. I couldn't find any way to cancel the vibration. 

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Just upgraded my Z5 Compact to Nougat yesterday, and this is hands down the most annoying part of the whole upgrade.

"Old" stamina mode disabled vibrations by default, and the new one doesn't even let me turn them off myself.

This definitely needs to change, both because I want to save those precious mAh's, and because I hate getting vibrations from notifications that aren't a phonecall.

I use Messenger and Telegram on my desktop as well as the phone, and if I mute them on the phone I also mute them on desktop, so that's not an option.

Stamina mode was super helpful in avoiding annoying vibrations from my phone for messages that I'd already read on my desktop!

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It would be nice to have some comment from Sony on this issue, but I'm afraid they might be done with the Z5 series as of now.